Blogger Collaboration: How to wear Indo-Western (with Abha Aka PunkPieBlog)09:38:00
The awesome Abha Tiwari from PunkPie Blog got in touch with me for a very special collaboration where we would showcase our take on the Indo-western trend. Of course I was excited and said yes! Now I usually don't wear a lot of Indian on a daily basis and when I do, its usually for some occasion of the Great Big Indian Weddings that I have to attend. So as soon as I got the theme, I knew I wanted to do a look that was wedding appropriate Indo-western. Abha did a more casual everyday take on it and I love how both our looks show two end of the spectrum.
- Think outside the box. Don't look at a traditional Indian outfit as a set of things to be worn together. Break it up, mix and match to keep things interesting.
- Pair a beaded or embroidered vest with jeans for a casual and comfortable look.
- A simple dress with Indian accessories, this is one of the easiest ways to try the trend.
- Want to wear a saree but don't have a blouse? Wear a printed croptop instead of the blouse and don't forget to add some geeky glasses to add a bit of quirk!
- Wear a patiala instead of your favorite palazzo pants to add an interesting twist.
- Want to wear a fully wester silhouette? Why not bring in a bit of India by getting western outfits stitched in Indian fabrics? (Think khadi, cotton, banarasi silk).
- Abha says: Don't throw away all your traditional earrings, they can be a big companion for the indo western look. Style it up with some big glasses and you are good to go!