6 Ways to Wear Printed Leggings

10:06:00

Hello my lovely readers!! I hope you're having a good day and absolutely love what you're wearing today. If not, let's hope we can give you some outfit inspiration to help you look fabulous by simply shopping your own closet. A while back, I asked my followers on Instagram to share with me the pieces that they found the hardest to style. Printed leggings were something a few people asked for and since we're all about helping each other out, today's post has my top tricks for wearing printed leggings with something other than your kurta!

Now full disclosure, I actually don't own printed leggings so I asked my readers yet again if I could style a pair of printed trousers instead. I have however tried to create looks that will work with leggings. We're talking elastic waistband (um...annoying), slight see-through bits after wear or just something that's not so flattering! The idea is to give you some inspiration for hiding these flaws and breathing some more life into your old clothes!

1. Sunday Morning Casuals


The easiest way to wear leggings is by pairing them with an oversized shirt. The trick is to find a shirt in the same colour family as the print on your leggings. A lot of leggings have elastic waists that just look odd (atleast to me) and this is a great way to cover it up without being overtly obvious! Add a pair of sneakers or a heels depending on how you want to dress it up or down and you're all set. If you invite me to a weekend brunch at the last minute, chances are you'll see me wearing this outfit!

Outfit Details: 
Printed Leggings: Rs. 499, H&M
Tshirt: Rs. 499, Forever 21
Heels: Rs. 1299, Zara (super old and nearly falling apart)

2. Casuals to Business



The first look, but Friday workwear appropriate. A simple way to take a super casual look to work is to add a blazer. Blazers simply give an impression of being put together and can make even the most casual looks business friendly. Add a pair of pumps and opt for a sleek hairdo! (Something that I simply can't do but for the purpose of this discussion, let's pretend I do!) Ladies, if you don't know how to make an outfit look more professional, I suggest you invest in a good quality tailored blazer.

Outfit Details: 
Printed Leggings: Rs. 499, H&M
White Shirt: Rs. 1499, H&M (buy here, it's super versatile)
Black Blazer: Rs. 1000, Primark (gift from my cousin)
Heels: Rs. 1299, Zara (super old and nearly falling apart)
Necklace: Rs.399 BooksnBeyond (buy here and use code CHIC10 for 10% off)

3. Peplum Party



Peplum tops are such a versatile piece, I personally think they're a great addition to your core wardrobe. A strappy peplum top makes a pair of leggings ready for a weekend party with little effort. Plus, it hides the elasticized waist (if present) and is quite comfortable. I kept the rest of the look simple but if you're a fan you can add a few necklaces for a bit more bling!

Outfit Details: 
Printed Leggings: Rs. 499, H&M
Peplum Top: Rs. 899, H&M
Heels: Rs. 1299, Zara (super old and nearly falling apart)

4. Lazy Day Outfit




Is there anything more comfortable than a sweatshirt? I think not! The best way to look chic but still be one step away from lazing around the house is to throw on a sweatshirt with a pair of leggings. One think you definitely MUST keep in mind though, if the leggings are see-through, for god's sake cover your butt! There's absolutely nothing pretty about threadbare leggings that let me see halfway to your kidneys....sorry but no! Just wear a longer shirt.

Outfit Details: 
Printed Leggings: Rs. 499, H&M
White Sneakers: Rs. 1000, New Look 
Bag: Rs. 1000, LabelLife

5. Shirt Up


Basically a sneaky way to just give you two looks from one single one. If you're not a blazer person or simply don't own one, you might still want to wear that long shirt with your leggings. This actually works really well if you're one who likes to 'borrow' pieces from the boy's wardrobe too! Just add a belt to give yourself a bit of a waist and you're set! This is purely here to give you a chance to consider exploring all the wardrobes available (you, your brother, mother, and random person you live with but can 'borrow' from) before you go and buy yet another piece for a one-time outfit!

Outfit Details: 
Printed Leggings: Rs. 499, H&M
White Shirt: Rs. 1499, H&M (buy here, it's super versatile)
Heels: Rs. 1299, Zara (super old and nearly falling apart)
Necklace: Rs.399 BooksnBeyond (buy here and use code CHIC10 for 10% off)

6.  Crop n Layer



Right. You're telling me girl, after such a long discussion about hiding elastic waists and threadbare butts, what on earth am I saying? I hear you I hear you! The caveat for this look is to first ensure the leggings don't have a wonky waist. Sadly, this won't look as good if you have a bunched up waistband but in that case you might be able to get away with knotting a normal t-shirt instead of a croptop. The trick to hiding that see-throughness? Just add a long jacket. I like the added print mixing that's happening in this look with the polka dots and the print on the leggings. Which brings me to my other point about this look. Don't be afraid to mix prints as long as you balance them out and don't have too many clashing colours. A look with several colours is quite hard to pull off and if you do, please share it with me because I love seeing such looks!!

Outfit Details: 
Printed Leggings: Rs. 499, H&M
Croptop: Rs. 200, Hill Road, Bandra
Polka Dot Jacket: Rs. 899, Forever21
White Sneakers: Rs. 1000, New Look 
Bag: Rs. 1000, LabelLife

And that's that folks! Today's post was purely to help you rethink how you can push something that I know a lot of us don't rewear that often. If you still need some more help with how to pull of these looks, you might want to check out the corresponding video on my Instagram. These videos go up a couple of times every week and I'm hoping to get more regular with the content here. Feel free to send across any more requests in the comments here or on my Instagram with anything that you have trouble styling! I love hearing from your and it helps me help you!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments