Why I Started Blogging

21:55:00

There are a LOT of fashion blogs out there. And by a lot I mean somewhere in the millions atleast. I've recently started following quite a few and I have to say, I feel I'm not half as good any any of them. So this begs the question, WHY on earth did I start blogging?
Here are the reasons my over-studying (Thats being hungover due to major exam prep) brain could come up with:


Expressing myself: Cliche, as it may seem, I needed to express myself away from facebook. While i have a few hundred friends(who doesn't) on facebook, I feel I've changed. And most of them cannot seem to accept this change me. Major point is that when I started this blog, my closest friends said, are you nuts? This is so silly, and your not good at fashion. So, I decided to do it on my own, without broadcasting this on facebook. 

via (here)


Figuring out my personal style: I wanted to figure out my style. No, hear me out, I've had this fashion awakening a few (read 4) years back, and this was mainly because I was tired of being in the background. Two of my closest friends back in college were major fashionistas and Everybody loved them. I was simply the geeky girl who they deemed awrite to hang out with, till the day I decided, why shouldn't I try? Why not make an effort instead of just putting on the same few tees n jeans? Result, fashion awakening albeit I haven't yet decided whether I just aped them of came into my own! :/
via (here)


Giving myself a reason to find better bargains: So, I've turned into this person who now puts in a lot of thought into their look but doesn't have the budget to remake the styles from all the international fashion icons. So I spend a lot of time hunting for bargains and style my look in innovative ways. This blog just gives me a reason to find better prices while shopping so that I can showcase it to other cash-strapped people like me!
via (here)


Vent my thoughts without being stonewalled: Yes, this happens all the time. I talk too much, I think too much and I shop too much!. I think Shedon Cooper in big bang theory is cool(he's my ideal boyfriend!), I love star trek, sherlock holmes is my most read book and I am A HUGE fan of doctor who. My best friend doesn't like any of the above. Most of my other friends don't know any of the above. So, blogging. 


via (here)

via (here)

via (here)

Making new friends: Like I said, I need to make new friends. Friends who are not hindered by knowing me from adam and hence give me an unbiased opinion about me. But honestly, even if nobody reads this, I'd still do this because it makes me happy! 

via (here)




Creative outlet that makes me happy: Yep! I think that sums it all! Its just a means to give my ideas a outlet and also inspire me to use my wardrobe a bit more than I do currently.

So, all in all, its about self-expression, personal growth and being happy! I think those reason are quite awrite don't you? Write in to tell me about why you started your blog, or if you just wanna talk! 

You Might Also Like

2 comments