How to Wear a Cold-Shoulder Top to Work

21:15:00

Wouldn't it be amazing if all of us could wear all our weekend outfits to work on Monday. I personally like buying pieces that can work at the office as well as a more casual setting but for the longest time, the off shoulder top had me stumped. This trend that is every 'cool' girl's favorite piece at the moment is absolutely amazing on the weekends but come weekday and the real world (aka office) and you'll probably be pushing it at the end of your closet. Well, here's a super simple way to actually wear a ruffled cold shoulder or even a tube top to the office and still look super professional.


Since it's summer in most parts of the world at the moment and I'm actually digging all white outfits, I decided to give this look liberal sprinkling of whites. The top is actually a ruffled cold shoulder crop top (all things that I know most of us can't imagine wearing to the office). In order to hide the completely peep-show to the world of my shoulders and clavicle, I decided to add a long sleeveless jacket. This 'jacket' is actually a wrap dress I bought last year on a whim and I may not have worn it as a dress ever till date because it is slightly see through inspite of the lining. However that makes it perfect for layering on as a jacket.





All in all, it's actually not that hard to make your cold shoulder tops work for the office. If you don't want to show any skin, you can even wear it with a long sleeve jacket. I wouldn't recommend a cardigan simply because they're usually thinner than jackets which means there will be an awkward bulge near your shoulders.

Cold Shoulder Top: Rs. 550, Sugarbox
Skirt: Rs. 450, Ajio.com
Dress worn as Jacket : Rs. 1000, H&M
Heels: Rs. 750, Ajio
Bag: Rs. 1000, Hong Kong Night Market

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 3750, which is around ₤40

Have you ever made your weekend outfits do double duty? Talk to me in the comments on how you did it! Do you have some piece of clothing that you find hard to style for the office? Just comment on below and I'll take it up as the next style challenge for work!

Concept | Outfit | Curation | Photgraphy : Quirky Engineer

You Might Also Like

0 comments