Three Ways to Drape: A Printed Saree for Winter

20:47:00

Sarees in winter? Oh I know what you're thinking because I was thinking exactly the same thing which was, 'Oh no way! I refuse to freeze to death!'. However, 2019 is that year of finding yourself right? Well, let's pretend it is and power on because that's what you can do in life! While I was terrified of a saree for a long time, now I think there's some serious power in the nine yards and one of my goals for this year is to wear it atleast once a month. Even if there is no special reason. Even if there is no party that says the dress code is ethnic. A saree doesn't need a reason to be worn am I right ladies?

But I know something that I struggle with quite a bit...and that's rewearing a saree and looking boring in it. It's also the fact that I don't want to look older than I am (even if it's extremely superficial to think this way, I do!). Which is why I created this post to show off how you can just switch up the drape a little bit and still look different each time!

1. The Classic Saree Drape



This is the most common drape and really, it defines what anybody thinks of first when they think of a saree. Of course, we're starting with simple things and that means this simple yet timeless saree drape. For all the looks I've paired my black turtleneck with my saree so that you can really get a sense of how to recreate looks using the same basic pieces. Remember, before thinking of buying a new saree, it's worthwhile to rethink how to wear the one you already own!

2. The Belted Saree Drape



This is possibly my most favourite way to wear a saree. It doesn't require any fancy shenanigans, all you need to do is take the end off your shoulder (called a pallu incase anybody's interested or didn't know) and wrap it around your neck the way you would a long scarf. Next, arrange the pleats and add a simple belt to it to clinch your waist and ensure you aren't drowning in fabric. This keeps your chest warm and can also work as a layer over which you can add your long coat. In fact, I did this very thing in a saree tutorial that I shared on my Instagram videos. If you still need more style inspiration, that's the place to go but more on that at the end of this post!

3. The Saree Skirt Drape




Finally, we can't have a three ways to wear without a bit of whimsy. For this look, instead of wearing my saree as a well...saree, I decided to wear it as a skirt! The trick is quite simple, all you need to do is wear a saree the way you normally would and then instead of draping the pallu across, you wrap it around your skirt and voila, you have a skirt that's going to be the envy of lots of people out there! Think avante garde, straight of the ramp kinda vibes. (Well, atleast in my head and that's the most important part right?)

And those are my super quick ways to inject some fun into the regular saree drapes you create. If you still need more style inspiration, I actually created a short video on my Instagram (yes I told you about it before didn't I) that gives you a chance to see how you can style this very saree and jumper in three more ways. No faffing around (okay a little bit, but then it's me, what do you expect?), no fancy video editing, just straight up simple style pointers that you can use in your everyday winter wardrobe. You can watch the video here.

If you enjoyed this post, please don't forget to subscribe to my newsletter where I'm going to be starting a series where you get all the behind the scenes, the inside look at my style choices and yes, all those secret sale buys that I think are worth your coins. While I've let my newsletter slide over the last year, this year is going to definitely see a revival of that email connection and you don't want to miss out on it do you! Subscribe here!

Outfit Details:
Saree: Rs. 899, Ajio (similar ones here, here and here)
Turtleneck : Rs. 1299, Mango (similar but cheaper one from Ajio here)
Boots: Rs. 1299, Zara, Thrifted
Necklace: Rs. 350, Janpath Online
Earrings: Rs. 350, Janpath Online
Bag: Rs. 1000, Label Life

You Might Also Like

0 comments