Three Ways to Wear: An Oversized Jumper

03:45:00

Hello folks! Yes I know it isn't Tuesday and we're technically posting this on Thursday but I've been rather unwell and the last three days have seen me being essentially a pillow on the bed all day and night! However, I'm so excited for today's post since it features this jumper that I've worn literally all December and it is absolutely lovely. However, I know a lot of people get stuck in the rut of wearing it with their denims and essentially using it as a casual outfit. Well, if that's you my friend, read on to figure out three ways that you can wear an oversized jumper and style it in a way that's totally appropriate for the crazy after work party!

1. Flowers and Metals



The oversized pink jumper is something seen as a casual piece and the trick to making it party appropriate is to add it a statement piece with it. I am a huge fan of metallic skirts and think they instantly make a look more interesting and polished. For this look, I wanted to created a fancy brunch look that can definitely work for an evening at the theater and dinner after (okay, I might just be dreaming of going to the theater since I realised I haven't seen a single play in 2018!). The floral scarf is just something that adds a bit of softness to an otherwise loud look.

2. Monotone



The easiest way to look put together is to wear a single colour and add a statement piece if needed. For this look, I paired my oversized jumper with a pair of trousers in the same shade of pink and added a statement necklace. I kept the rest of the look simple otherwise and added a structured bag. This is a look that I've actually worn to a couple of meetings in December and it is super comfortable but still looks professional. I'd say you can totally swap out the solid trousers with a pair of more statement trousers for a party in the evening.

3. Winter Mini



Finally, we're creating that classic winter look that I've literally worn for several years now. I am super awkward when it comes to wearing mini skirts but somehow, the only time I do bring them out is the winters. Yes! I actually think a pair of knee-high boots with a mini skirt is the best way to be covered, warm a just a little bit sexy! I paired the jumper with a simple corduroy mini skirt from shein (which I'm putting up for sale cos I don't wear it nearly enough) and the overall look is just so chic and comfy I can't really stop wearing it! If you've got a mini skirt you don't feel comfortable wearing on it's own, pair it with knee high boots. The added coverage gives you the needed confidence to feel subtly sexy!!



And that's all folks! I thought it would be a good idea to share these looks with you since I've actually worn them all a whole lot in December. While Mumbai (that's where I live for those of you who don't know) is now slowly moving towards higher mercury measurements, I hope these looks can help you get more out of your jumpers if you do have a cold spell where you live! In fact, if you do use these tips to style yourselves I'd love to see it. Please tag your looks with #Chiconomical so we can all share the love and joy!!

Outfit Details: 

Pink Jumper: Rs. 800, Glamorous from Koovs
Silver Pleated Skirt: Rs. 1790, Zara
Floral Scarf: Rs. 599, QuirkBox
Structured Bag: Rs. 1000, Hong Kong Night Market
Mini Skirt: Rs. 500, Shein
Hat: Rs. 649, Shein
Over the Knee Boots: Rs. 1200, Koovs
Pink Trousers: Rs. 899, H&M
Statement Necklace: Baublebar, Gifted

You Might Also Like

0 comments