6 Ways to Style a Black Maxi Skirt For A Holiday!

03:32:00

Maxi anything will make you look sexy! Yes, I firmly believe in this and you can't make me change my mind! The best thing about maxi skirts is that they give you the chance to be sexy minus the need to shave your legs. And let's face it, not all of us can afford those fancy laser treatments and shaving is just annoying on most days. Add to that a weekend getaway or a trip to some fancy country for a week and you've got limited luggage and lots of outfit needs! Now if you've got a maxi skirt lying around in your closet and you're saying to yourself, I can't possibly wear this more than one time on my trip... girl.. I've got you covered. This post has some of the easiest ways to wear a maxi dress that will work for girls of almost ALL body types. These looks can be created using pretty much any a-line maxi skirt you own and I've tried to keep them super easy so that you don't need to have a lot of specific pieces to create something similar. Read on to find out 5 simple ways to style a black Maxi Skirt for a holiday! You can pretty much only carry this skirt and no other bottoms and wear it all weekend and STILL have a look to spare if you count two looks a day! ;)

1. Paperbag Maxi Skirt

Have you got a maxi skirt that's just a little bit too big for you? This is a trick I use to actually swap skirts with friends or just keep myself from throwing away that impulse buy at the mall that I knew was one size too big for me but I bought it anyway! Add a belt on top of the skirt. Next, slowly fold and pull the skirt edge higher so that it's a little above the upper edge of the belt. That's it folks. (If you have a few questions you might want to go take a look at my video on Instagram!) This works best when you have a top that's tucked in since it helps offset the slightly slouchy look of a paperbag waist. Add a pair of cute strappy sandals or boots and you've got a cool look that works best for weekends and even holiday sight-seeing!

2. Wrap Up Tight



I know there are times when you go to a place and the mornings are super cold but then suddenly the sun sets and you're chilly and essentially are freezing to death. Now you could go wear a fancy coat but where's the fun in that right? A simple blanket scarf is actually a beautiful piece to bring along on holidays because the possibilities to style it are near endless (we've got three right here in this post!). Plus it keeps you warm too... so there's that! For this look, all you do is wrap the scarf as a off-shoulder wrap top. The trick is to add a little pin at the bottom front and you've got a fun layer on your morning outfit that makes you look quite different!!

3. Halter Neck Scarf



Possibly my FAVOURITE way to wear a blanket scarf. My mom always tells me to ensure the cold winds don't get to my chest and this was my answer to her suggestions. I love wearing a blanket scarf this way and think it keeps me warm, gives me a chance to tuck my hands under it if I'm too cold (which is always if you're wondering) and gives you a new top, kind of. If you're a long time reader, you must have seen this hack multiple times and you'll keep seeing it in the future too. Some styles are just that good that you'll rewear them with a passion!!

4. Denim Layers



Right. Something that you might already know but I still had to add it to the list because it's a great option. The first look can just be upstyled or layered by adding a simple denim jacket. For my look, I've added a denim shirt instead of a jacket since that is not as thick as my denim jacket but still super warm. This is an option worth looking into when you don't want to carry too many jackets but still want to look warm. A denim shirt is a great piece that will not only help you stay warm, it will also give you a chance to create an extra outfit.

5. Denim Shirt Hack



This is a hack that's super easy to do and can actually be done with any shirt. All I did was wear my denim shirt like any normal shirt and then tucked in the collar to create a v-neck denim. This opens up the neck and gives you a completely different style without having to cut off any pieces of your shirt. It's subtle but the difference is absolutely amazing! A v-neck makes your neck look longer and is generally flattering on all body shapes!

6. Neckerchief


Less function more fashun for a lot of people but still a pretty style. For this look, all I did was fold the blanket scarf into a square and then a triangle and then wrap it around my neck. This is a great way to add a scarf under a jacket and does keep you really warm. I love this look although if you have a very thick blanket scarf, you might not be able to recreate it perfectly. In that case, I'd say don't fold it into a perfect square but get a longer triangle fold instead. Either way, the idea is to have the scarf look shorter than it is! 

I hope you found this post useful. I really wanted to keep the pieces minimal and add more styling to help you guys create looks with fewer things. If you enjoyed this post please comment down below because your feedback is what helps me help you! Don't forget to see the styling video for all these looks on my Instagram if you haven't already and have a great week ahead!

Outfit Details: 

White Tshirt: Rs. 499, Forever21 (similar here)
Black Maxi Skirt: Rs. 800, Global Desi (similar here and here)
Black Boots: Rs. 1290, Zara (similar here)
Red Blanket Scarf: Rs. 799, Westside 
Tan Belt: Rs. 799, Label Life
Silver Earrings : Rs. 250, JanpathOnline
Necklace: Rs. 250, JanpathOnline
Jhumkas: Rs. 100, Colaba Causeway

You Might Also Like

0 comments