Shades of Grey

11:24:00

Nope, I won't be talking about the book that has become famous over the last couple of years. I'm talking about literally wearing shades of grey. Somehow, I seem to gravitate towards clothes that have shades of grey as I think they give a welcome break from wearing monochrome and still manage to look good with almost all other colors.

While a pair of grey trousers make workwear a little interesting (I still haven't found my perfect pair, mind you), grey doesn't mean boring! Yes, I know, those grey clouds that seem to hang around these days may make you think otherwise, but it isn't true. All you need to do is, add little pops of color and you're bound to get a fun look.

grey skirt, how to wear grey, indian fashion blogger, mumbai fashion blogger, street shopping, shopping at fashion street, mumbai streetstyle, grey vest, how to wear an all grey outfit, how to wear grey without being boring






Grey Beaded Vest: Rs. 150, Linking Road, Bandra
Grey Skirt: Rs. 350, Fashion Street
Bag: Rs. 450, Gift from a Friend
Heels: Rs. 600, New Look from Asos

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1550, which is around ₤15. 

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh

I got this grey skirt because of its embroidery. Its absolutely lovely and inspite of being jersey, its thick enough not to have awkward VPL moments. Ladies, if you don't like wearing thongs or seamless panties, I suggest doing a quick VPL check before buying any skirt.

In case of street shopping (like me) where you may not be able to try the item out, do the tissue and hand test (yes I just made that name up). All you need to do is, hold a handkerchief (a folded facial tissue also works) in your palm, stick your hand under the skirt, pull it tight over your hand and see if you can spot the lines of the napkin. If you can, its probably too thin and you may want to consider a different skirt.

The top is an old oversized vest that was bought initially as a beach cover up. I added a pop of color on the lips to keep the look fun. Well, turned out, when I shot for the look, the weather Grewas quite grey too, so I ended up taking quick shots indoors. The heels are from New Look and were bought on sale from Asos as an indulgence item and add a little subtle color too.

Tips to Wear Grey without looking boring:
  • Grey doesn't have to be boring, add pops of color with your accessories. A bright statement necklace or bag, will make all the difference.
  • Don't like accessories?Add a bright shade of lipstick to make your outfit more interesting, without adding any cumbersome accessories to the look.
  • You can also add a pair of neon heels to make your outfit pop. 
  • Have a grey office dress that just never makes you smile? Add a bright scarf, a pair of red pumps and a beige bag to make it interesting.
  • Finally, mix and match your bright tops with grey bottoms, or vice versa to break away from boring black matchers. I assure you, you won't be disappointed! 

Do you like to wear grey? How do you style your grey clothes to be not very 'grey'?
 Tell me in the comments! 

You Might Also Like

4 comments