Mustard Love

09:05:00

I'm not a fan of yellows. I usually think that since most of my wardrobe is black I'll invariable end up looking like a taxi advert if I do wear yellow. Which is why, owning a mustard colored anything is a complete novelty for me. Of course buying this dress brought with itself the challenge of styling it without looking like a taxi cab or an air-hostess. (Yes, I got called that the first time I wore it on a chilly winter evening with some tights).


For this look, I wanted to keep things simple, I added a lace scarf (knit by me, FYI) and a pair of sunnies. Pretty much a look that anyone can replicate with minimal effort. When in doubt, just add a scarf, that seems to be my myntra these days.




Shift Dress: Rs. 1200, Zara Online
Scarf: Selfmade
Bag: 3MadChicks, Gift from a friend
Shoes: Rs. 150, Kolkata Fair
Sunglasses: Rs. 150, Bandra

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1500, which is around ₤15.




Photo Credits: Kinjal Sen

With Valentine's day just round the corner, I think this would be a great look for a date. Give a break to the reds and pinks (of course you can always wear those if they rock your boat) and dress in bright colors instead! Don't hesitate to wear your Indian flats or a jhola with a formal dress or jhumkas with your maxi dresses. Just remember, your outfit should be an extension of your personality, not dictated by trends around you! 

Tell me what you think about wearing Shades of Yellow! Talk to me in the comments below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments