How To Wear a Boyfriend Shirt

11:40:00

I currently have a strange fascination with everything oversized and androgynous. I think it has something to do with the fact that I can't seem to stand the summer heat and anything that's too form fitting irritates me. If you see a person wearing some seriously oversized jeans or shirt held together by a belt, chances are, its probably me. It comes as no surprise then, that when I laid my hands on this shirt (dad's old shirt FYI, not really boyfriend's) I couldn't wait to wear it!

Sensible travel hair, thank you very much! 





Boyfriend Shirt: Flicked From Dad
Silk Shorts: Rs. 200, Fashion Street (Stall No. 66)
Belt: From another outfit
Watch: Borrowed from Best Friend
Bag: Rs. 350, Linking Road, Bandra
Heels: Rs. 750, Borivali

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1300, which is about ₤13.

I think of this shirt as a part of the working man's uniform. It seems that this or other equally light shades  of this(with a black or dark trouser), is what most of the guys (even the ones in late teens) seem to wear to work everyday in Mumbai. Seriously guys, repeat after me, 'color is good'.

I decided to rebel against the dress code and wear it with my silk shorts. High waisted and oversized,in a tailored good, way, these little beauties are a huge win in my book! Add my brown bag, belt and watch  I'm good for my day at the office. Oh yes, I added heels with this, but sadly you can't seem to see them in any of the pictures.

Are you a fan of stealing things from the guys? What's you're favorite 'boyfriend' accessory? Tell me in the comments!

PS: Chiconomical is going to start selling lot of pretty things soon! At street prices!! Follow us on FACEBOOK to be the first to know!

You Might Also Like

0 comments