Designer Spotlight: Silai London

09:46:00

Hello September! Starting this month, I've decided to start a new section on my blog, that features all the designers I'm gushing about, or think are going to be big, or simply love and think would be a good investment/bargain! Of course, I had to start with my current favorite, Silai London.


Haven't heard about SL? Well, the fact is, the brand still in the nascent stages and still finding its feet. But!!! Since the beauty behind the brand is my cousin, I get to brag about being the blogger who features her first. Silai London is her label that aims to bring the designer experience to the masses. While everyone wants a customised outfit, its absolutely unreal that you have to spend anywhere close to 80-100 quids for one piece! Of course you can buy a high street off the rack piece, but hey, is that really you? Or are you just ignoring the gaping hole it leaves in your pocket figuratively and literally?






Customised Striped Dress: Rs. 3500, Silai London (PS: prices vary depending on design)
Watch: Gift, Skagen Denmark
Hat: Rs. 300, Forever 21
Bag: c/o Geometry London
Heels: Rs. 600, Natraj Market, Malad
Earrings: Rs. 50, Splash

Total Outfit Cost: 4450, which is around ₤44. 


Silai London is a brand dedicated to giving you the designer experience at high street prices. I love stripes (big shocker!) and this was the perfect piece for me. The dress truly represents my current mood and personality. Have a particular request? Silai London caters to all those quirky requests you may have for your own outfits, or maybe even for your pet. (Yep, you read that right, go check out the facebook page to know more). 

As for my look, I decided to keep it simple as I wanted the focus to be on the dress which is rather stunning on its own. The gorgeous bag is from Geometry London and I was fortunate enough to be given the bag for this look by Naina. You can get it for some great discounts here! I added the hat because I felt it gave the whole look a rather lady-like feeling. All in all, I think this dress is going to get a lot of wear during those meetings and weekend working brunches. 

Love my look? You can shop the look from my facebook page! Just drop me a comment or a message and you can get your hands on this gorgeous dress too!! 

Follow Silai London for the latest updates!

You Might Also Like

0 comments