Designer Spotlight: Naina Seth Design House

10:46:00

A tailored outfit is something everyone wants. While off the rack clothing is extremely affordable, it simply doesn't work when it comes to a special occasion. Of course, with the quick paced lives of 18 hour working days that we live, there isn't much time to go to the tailor too.

Enter NainaSeth.com, a site where you can get the personal and tailored look, without leaving the comfort of your home as you enjoy a glass of wine in bed. Yep, I'm not kidding you. Naina Seth (you may remember her from my previous post) has launched her website where you can not only customised your outfit to your measurements, you can also pick exactly each element of your piece. Everything from the cut to the fabric is customisable.






You want a dress with a keyhole back, in midnight grey, with a silver zipper, hitting you just below the knees? Naina's site will do it for you! Not only that, you can also get Indian blouses stitched, as per your wishes, just by following a few simple steps online! (Yes I know Diwali's coming up, you're welcome for the tip).

I decided to test the site out for myself and decided since I won't be home for Diwali (boo!) I might aswell get a simple western dress. What can I tell you, it couldn't be simpler. A few clicks, a few measurements and all that's left is a few days wait till you get the piece of your dreams! I picked a racer back dress in dark navy blue that's knee length with a straight cut. Oh, I just let Naina choose the fabric for me, but there's even an option to send your own fabric! How cool is that??!

Personally, the interface is extremely easy to use and gives you all the design control. This is extremely important in my book because lets face it, everyone wants an outfit that's unique. I decided to style a weekend look as well as an office look for this dress. Let me tell you, this dress fits like second skin which is something very hard for me to come by as I've always been extra skinny for most brands. The idea that I can get a customised dress for less than 2k (and that's a lot less than many off the rack outfits) is superbly appealing and just look at the fit!


Custom Dress: Rs. 1600, NainaSeth.com (buy here)
White Bag: Rs. 200, Bandra (similar)
Black Bag: c/o Geometry London, buy here
Tan shoes: Rs.600 Forever21
Boots: Rs. 800, Forever21

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 2400 each, which is about 24

The first look is all about finding yourself. You don't need people to make a memorable day, all you need s a pretty dress and a good book. Oh, and a few garden swings of course! The second look is more working weekday. This is something I'm becoming increasingly comfortable wearing thanks to the new job in the corporate world (believe me, that sounds much more posh than it actually is).

I suggest if you can't make time to get ready for the festive season, do give NainaSeth.com a visit to get your Diwali look together without hassles.

Join the Conversation on Twitter and Instagram! 



You Might Also Like

3 comments