Monsoon Lookbook: What to Wear to Work on A Rainy/Sunny Day

11:17:00

Workwear in monsoons is superbly hard. Honestly, I wish I could wear a little skirt with my gum boots to work, however as "corporate" goes, these things are a big no no. Hence, the need to come up with alternative workwear solutions for the summery rains.





Striped Shirt: Rs. 200, Colaba Causeway
Striped Joggers: Rs. 1100, Zara
Crocs: Gift
Necklace: Rs 500, Zara
Ring: Rs. 50, Part of a set, Forever21

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1850, which is around ₤18

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh

Today's outfit is all about my absolute favorite trend, aka stripes. I paired a light striped shirt with some casual striped jogger style trousers. Add a bright bag for some color and a pair of airy crocs and I'm ready to face rain or shine. I think a pair of crocs are a must have for officewear since they are rain proof, formal yet super comfortable. Another must have in monsoons are quick drying fabrics. I'd suggest you invest in a few loose fitting trousers in quick drying fabrics so that you don't end up spending the whole day at work in damp clothes. While almost every online search will tell you to carry separates to switch into for work, I don't think that's feasible especially in a city like Mumbai where we're always running to meet deadlines. A better solution is always plan an outfit in a way that it dries quickly if its pouring or doesn't stick to you if its sunny. Also, always remember, if you love how you look, everyone else will love it too!

What's your take on dressing for work during the rains? Tell me in the comments 
OR

You Might Also Like

0 comments