How to Dress for the Beach for Less than 1k!

03:49:00

The ocean is my muse. It makes me smile and dream. From the time that I understood what life was, I've always been attracted to the beach. When summer comes round, I can't help but want to spend some time in the sun and enjoy the slow life. If you're like me then you definitely want to look fashionable at the beach but can't quite manage to invest in the fancy trimmings needed to look like a beach babe. That's why I've got you covered with my look for dressing for the beach for less than Rs. 1000!





Striped Kaftan: Rs. 100
Sandals: Rs. 500, Forever 21
Sunglasses: Rs. 200, Colaba Causeway
Necklace+Rings: Rs. 150, Linking Road, Bandra

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 950, which is around ₤10

Photo Credits: Shruti Phulgirkar

The easiest way to get a kaftan is to turn an old scarf into one. It's as simple as folding it and stiching the sides. This kaftan was something I found in a random street store and its price is what attracted me towards it. Of course the gradient stripes were an added bonus and I just knew I had to shoot this at the beach. When it comes to beachwear, minimal style is the best style. Keep things simple and I assure you, you'll enjoy it loads. 

Tips to Dress for the Beach on A Budget: 
  • Look for prints that keep things interesting. A simple scarf tied as a sarong can look unique and not be too heavy on the pocket. 
  • Beachwear is defined by your accessories. If you can't quite invest in an outfit, look for accessories that are fun. Think reflective sunglasses or a floppy hat. 
  • Prints make everything better. Look for dresses in tropical prints, florals and bright colors. 
  • Don't forget that the most important thing is confidence. Don't worry about what you look like, just remember to let the waves bring you peace and calm! 
Hope this look helps you look smashing on your next beach day! Don't forget to share using #Chiconomical for a chance to get featured on our social media! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments