Workwear Style : 5 Ways to Wear a Printed Scarf

10:06:00

Prints! Glorious prints! If 2018 has one thing that's going for it, it's the gorgeous animal prints and unless you're living under a rock, you've seen leopards everywhere! I for one am quite impressed with the comeback of the animal print (or did it never actually leave?) and feel so excited that it's now socially acceptable again to wear a full on animal print and not look tacky. I know, my sister's reading this and thinking (NO!!!) but I have actually loved animal prints for a long time and there is just something super sexy about leopard no?

leopard print scarf, how to wear accessories, polka dot print, zara scarf, how to wear a printed scarf, how to wear accessories to work

Anyway, today's post is all about two things.

A. Leopard Print (erm, just stating that if you haven't yet understood it)
B. Scarves and how they be worn to the office as a sneaky way to make a statement
C. Workwear!!


Okay, so that's actually three things but then its Monday and you know we've got workwear to talk about. Well, today's outfit is my take on parisian chic workwear dressing. If that's a thing (if it isn't then it definitely should be). Since a lot of people do actually wear just a bunch of monochrome outfits to the office inspite of several attempts by yours truly to make then try new things like this post and this post, I do get it. Black is easy, black is comfy and it shows just how black our souls are aswell (just kidding, that last one only applies to me). But I'm giving you 5 quick ways a scarf can help you introduce a bit of trend into your workwear wardrobe without too much investment. Yes, you can wear it every single day of the week and still look interesting. You're welcome!

1. Neckking



Honestly, this is what every single parisian chic image looks like in my head. Minimal outfit, a scarf around the neck and minimal makeup. This look works with almost any block colour outfit. Of course, this works great for anyone who doesn't quite like wearing necklaces but still wants to add a pop of bright accessories to the look. Oh and bonus points because I'm usually always cold in the office so this keeps my neck warm and still feels like a super soft luxurious fabric too!

2. Tied Up



Right. This look is actually the most 'fashion forward' way to wear a scarf that I know of. Of course I made a complete mess of the wrist tying 'fashun' bit but I still like the way it's turned into a bracelete. It kind of reminds me of the using a necktie to tie people up in those bondage books and movies (I'm talking about the disaster that was Fifty Shades of Gray people). However, I still enjoy using a piece in unexpected ways and this is a grey way to show the leopard print in a very minimal way and the polka dots peeking from the folds is actually making me really happy!

3. Tiny Dancer



Yes, this is the same outfit as the one in the above two looks. Yes, I'd tucked in the peplum frill part (is it just called peplum or frill of peplum? I can't quite decide) into the pants and whipped it out for this look. I tied the scarf as a belt which pretty much becomes a statement piece for this look. I think this would work really well with jeans too. As long as you wear bottoms that don't need a belt (which is about 1 pair of jeans for me at the moment), this tucked into the belt loops instead of a regular belt is I think a great look!

4. Messy Bessy



Right, this is actually two ways in one. First, is the look I personally have whipped out several times that I like to call the messy fancy bun. Essentially, you use the beautiful polka, red, leopard print of the scarf to distract people from the fact that you haven't washed your hair for 4 days. 
The second look is more of a look for those girls who don't have the silkiest hair and can get away with just tying their hair with a scarf. I honestly need a couple of pins if I'm trying to actually make this look last so it isn't for me but it's definitely an option for people if you have nicer hari than I do. Trust me, a scarf on that messy pulled back hair will distract people from all your other flaws! And if we're being completely honest, the second look is actually more office appropriate in my opinion.

5. Casual Chic



Finally, we couldn't finish this series without a casual look. This is honestly more of a Friday look and is one I've seen on several 'fashun' bloggers. Just using the scarf as a headband. Very casual, very I'm going to a fancy brunch and I didn't wash my hair so I'm going to put a scarf to distract people (I do realise a lot of these are 'I didn't wash my hair but want to look pretty' looks). This doesn't have a lot of closeups because it was about to start raining again but you get the idea!

And that's it folks. This is honestly a week's worth of ways to wear this polka-leopard-red-black-printed beauty to work. Honestly, I don't usually buy pieces full price but I feel completely in love with this scarf and paid a whopping 990 for it! Whoa, I know what you're saying! That's insane. But honestly I think I'd be getting so much wear from this scarf, it's going to be a statement piece that stays in my wardrobe for a long time! 

I hope you try some of these looks and if you've 'invested' in this scarf like me, for sure sound off in the comments and let me know how you've styled yours!

Outfit Details |
Peplum Top | Rs. 200, Thrifted on Spoyl
Trousers | Rs. 1200, Shein (buy here)
Heels | Rs. 500, Thrifted on Stylflip
Earrings | Rs. 199, Forever21 (sold out, but similar here)
Leopard and polka dot printed Scarf | Rs. 990, Zara (buy here)


You Might Also Like

0 comments