How to Wear a Hex Tie: Workwear Chic

11:41:00

The big edge that women have over men is that we can openly raid their wardrobes to pick out the best pieces and wear them without fear. Yes, I don't see my guy friends raiding my collection of croptops and skirts anytime soon but thank god, I don't have any such restrictions. Recently, I did exactly that and raided my friend's closet and got my hands on his ridiculously sexy hex tie!

What's a hex tie you ask? Well, it's the modern man's take on power dressing. Ties have always been a way to bring out your playful side and nothing says sexy yet quirky like a hex tie. I obviously had to try it in an outfit for myself. I mean, why should boys have all the fun right?







White Shirt: Rs. 500, Forever21 Sale
Black Trouser: Rs. 1999, Vero Moda Sale
Black Blazer: Rs. 1500, Primark (gift from cousin)
Black Heels: Rs. 1200, Zara from Spoyl
Bag: Rs. 1000, Ladies Night Market, Hong Kong
Hextie: Rs. 1979, Borrowed from a friend (buy here)

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 6978 which is around ₤70.

The first look is all about power dressing (yes, the second look with be up soon). Clean, formal and basically an outfit borrowed from the boys, I love this look to bits. I absolutely love a man in a suit, so I think its rather interesting to take all the elements I like in a well dressed man, and then translate it to a womenswear look. I think this look can work in so many situations and is an almost perfect work to party look. Shrug off the jacket, add a glittery sling bag and you're all set to party! I think a white shirt, a pair of well fitted black trousers and a tailored jacket are a must have in any girl's wardrobe. Invest in them ladies, they'll last you through years and every weather.

As for the hextie, this tie is from MenWardrobe. They have some premium menswear and right from the product to the packaging, you've got some stellar stuff. Since menswear (especially formalwear) is usually best if its tailored, I think its usually a good idea to find quality over quantity.

What do you think about incorporating a hextie into a women's wardrobe? Tell me in the comments
OR
Join the Conversation on Facebook

This post was featured in the October 27th, Links A La Mode! Check out the other brilliant entries below

Links à la Mode, October 27th
SPONSOR: Shopbop, alice + olivia, Veronica Beard Jackets/Coats, Sorel Winter Boots, Drybar, Fame and Partners, Caeden, Crew/Scoop Neck Sweaters, Black Clutches, Fine Jewelry, Men's John Smedley

You Might Also Like

0 comments