6 Ways to Wear A LBD For the Weekend

21:29:00

Happy Saturday folks!! We've not seen each other for a bit (if you're a regular reader and if not, then welcome to the blog!) and let's just say I was in what I'd like to think of as my transition phase but we're back and hopefully there's going to be a schedule now! Today, I'd like to dive into something that I think all of the million influencers out there have already told you, you need to own... A little black Dress. Now while I'm sure pinterest will give you millions of results on how to wear it for work and also make you want to buy a few hundred different styles because you think you need them! (I've been a victim of 'It's soooo different because it has a belt and the one I own doesn't' train of thought!) Since those ladies are actually a whole lot more 'corporate' than I am I thought I'd create a post for all of you who want more bang for your buck and are thinking of rocking it on the weekends too.

Read on to know more about how you can rock that black dress on the weekend, when it's cold, when it's sunny, when it's wedding season...gosh, basically anytime when you're not in the office!

1. Sporty Chic






This first look is so simple I'm sure you're telling me girl, I've done this already. But since there might be that one girl out there like me who didn't think for the longest time that black and blue looked good together (umm..yes, I only thought monochrome worked in those dark days), this look has made it on here! Essentially, the trick here is to take a black dress with it's formal style and dress it down with a pair of sneakers (because they make everything look good. Everything!!) and add a casual jacket. You can work with whatever jacket you own, it doesn't have to be a denim jacket like me. Infact, if you have one of those slightly oversized shirts, you can definitely add one of those too! Add a backpack and you're ready to run out for errands or just hang out with your friends at the park. (PS: if you're my friend in real life, this is a not so subtle hint to take me to the park!)

2. Laid Back Vibes




This is really just another way to style the first look. If you live in a tropical country like I do then chances are, it's probably already really warm and adding a layer means slowing roasting during the day. Well, you can still use that jacket from the first look to dress down your LBD. Add it to your waist to be one of those cool kids. The rest of the look is actually the same as the previous one but it
still different in a subtle way. Either way, a tie at the waist is actually the fastest way to make your outfit feel casual and laid back!

3. Skirting the Formals



Quote t-shirts are hands down my go to when it comes to casual dressing. They're a great way to show your personality with the quotes and require very little to look great. So of course we're taking them and throwing them onto a black dress! For this look, all I did was add a simple grey t-shirt (which defines what I feel right now btw) and knotted it on top of my dress. This almost turns your dress into a skirt and gives you a new option to rewear your dress. Keep in mind this trick can work with pretty much any top. I'm a huge fan of wearing it with wrap tops to create a business casual look!

4. Snuggled Up




Now before you come at me with pitchforks saying summer is gone, there's still a lot of people in the world who can't wear a single layer so this look is for all my ladies living in areas with lower temperatures! Swap out the sneakers for a pair of long boots or maybe a pair of tights with ankle boots (whatever you own will look good, no need to be going out there to buy new things girl!), throw on a knit cardigan for added warmth and finally, add a blanket scarf! A bright blanket scarf is something people don't talk about nearly enough and let me tell you, owning one will change your cold day dressing game!

5. Layering Casual



If you're not a fan of coats to keep warm, this is a simple trick to keep warm but still look good. Make use of your jumpers by turning them into cropped jumpers by throwing them on your dresses. This makes the LBD look more dressed down and keep you super warm. All you need to do is add a belt and tuck in the jumper into a belt. Adjust and voila! you've got the perfect cool sunny day outfit!

6. Frilling Around




I think this skirt is becoming a style staple!! The idea is to add a maxi skirt or just a simple a-line skirt to your dress to create a new outfit. Since I'm usually a little extra, I added this layered maxi skirt since it gives endless possibilities for twirling around. Added bonus, no shaving legs needed! Bring out that skirt you haven't worn because you couldn't find a matching top for it and pair it with your LBD. Since black goes with pretty much anything in the world, I'm pretty sure this will work for you!


And that's that folks. These are super simple look ideas since I've been trying to give you outfits that will work with pieces you already own. While the world might be telling you to buy more things, I'd say you need to buy the right things and rewear them till they fall apart. And then that would be the time to repurpose them into kitchen towels or rags! Ladies, it's all about working with what you have before buying something new.



If you still need some more style inspo, you can head over to my Instagram. There's a video that shows you exactly how I've styled these looks and there's a lot more everyday style inspiration on there too!

Outfit Details: 

Black Dress: Rs. 2499, Mango (worth every penny thanks to the 100+ times I've already worn it!)
Denim Jacket: Rs. 200, Hill Road, Bandra
White Sneakers: Rs. 100, New Look
Blue Backpack: Rs. 1299, New Look from Asos
Pink Oversized Jumper: Rs. 899, Glamorous UK from Koovs
Pink Maxi Skirt: Rs. 499, Koovs (on sale)
Grey T-shirt: Rs. 499, Pink Octopus
Grey Satchel Bag: Rs. 899, Random Clothes Fair
Coin Necklace: Rs. 150, Hill Road, Bandra

You Might Also Like

0 comments