The Impossible Dress

10:57:00

This dress was a garage sale buy. I loved it instantly but little did I realise that it would be a pain to wear in real life. Sometimes, you see something and then imagine a situation it would be perfect for. Of course you (read 'I') forget the fact that such situations really don't come in the life of a poor postgrad who spends more time in a dusty classroom than an opulent ballroom. So yes, it was a struggle to style this dress. Its my 'on a dance reality show' dress and this is the very first time I've worn it in public.

tan blazer, LBD, satchel bag, workwear, mumbai streetstyle

LBD, cutout dress, neon necklace, pink, shocking pink accessories, mumbai streetstyle, club look, asymmetric dress

cutout dress, little black dress, party outfits, neon necklace, how to wear neon accessories, mumbai streetstyle

workwear, little black dress, neon accents, how to wear neon to work, tan blazer, short sleeved blazer

indian fashion blogger, mumbai streetstyle, classic workwear, what to wear to work, how to dress for party after work

mumbai streetstyle, how to wear neon to work, neon pink necklace, tan blazer, asymmetric dress, satchel bag

black satchel bag, neon necklace, what to wear to work, streetstyle, mumbai , indian, messy hair, updo

LBD, tan blazer, vintage blazer, workwear, mumbai streetstyle, asymmetric dress, messy updo, fashion blogger
Asymmetric Dress: Rs. 300, Garage Sale
Blazer: Vintage
Belt: From another dress
Satchel: Rs. 700, Colaba Causeway
Necklace: Rs. 400, Colaba Causeway (also worn here)
Bangle: Rs. 20, Trains

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1420, which is about 14. 

I couldn't resist taking a couple of pictures with only the dress on. It honestly feels a bit too much on its own, and I don't think I'd be comfortable wearing it without a blazer or a cover-up of some kind to hide the 'exposed' bits. I love the asymmetric hemline (I'm a big fan of disharmony when the mood strikes) and think that everybody should have atleast one piece of clothing that has a crazy hemline for special occasions.I mean, you never know when you'll be invited to do the tango on that dance show you like right? No? Okay, maybe it's just me then.

What do you do with your impulse buys? Tell me in the comments below. I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Find more Quirky Goodness on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.

You Might Also Like

1 comments