6 Ways to Wear A Floral Skirt

08:32:00

Hello hello! It's been a hot minute since I last sat down to write a style post and it seems like there have been some major life changes that have happened but let's not get into all that because today's post is literally about flowers and pretty bits! This floral skirt has been in my closet for over 6 years and it's something that still seems to come out every summer!! Read on to see my top favourite ways to wear this floral skirt.

1. Basically Chic



A white tshirt is something I can spend the rest of my life in and have no regrets! This tshirt is a second hand buy from Coutloot and honestly, paired with this floral skirt and little scarf in my hair to keep the bun up and we're ready to go walk around the city on a cool Sunday morning! Or, as I like to call it, eat a whole lot of food while pretending to walk.

2. Denimize the World



A denim shirt works with everything! Honestly, if you've been following my #stylingoverbuying series then you know I've pretty much worn this denim shirt with every piece I own. The colors work beautifully with this floral skirt and well, since this denim shirt is actually quite thin and has a bit of cotton blend, it is great for when you know you're gonna hang out in places with aircon.

3. Chic Cardigan



While people think a cardigan makes you look frumpy, I firmly believe that a cardigan is an piece that just needs a little bit of thought and you can actually protect yourself from evil airconditioners (we've all seen the ones hell bent on freezing your kidneys!) and still go out in the scorching heat after. For this look, I actually took a vest and flipped it so that the buttoned size was at the back. Add a necklace and a cardigan and you've got a fun new look! The trick to not making it look completely crazy is to keep things in similar color palettes. Here, the green in the vest turned top links to the greens in the skirt which is why it doesn't look completely random. Try it guys, next time just layer a couple of surprising things together and you might just enjoy the outcome,

4. Mixing Prints



Stripes and florals are two prints that can define summer. So obviously I had to throw them together to create what is possibly my most favorite look. Just like the previous outfit, you want to make sure that neither of the print is too loud and is mostly in the same color palette. This is an outfit that I've remixed a couple of times and everytime it makes me smile instantly. Go ahead, pull out that striped t-shirt and throw on those printed maxi skirts or trousers and channel your inner summer couture goddess!

5. Crop It



Very similar to the previous look, but I've just swapped out the regular t-shirt with a croptop. Yes you might say this is very similar and you probably turn the t-shirt into a croptop and you'd be absolutely right! But, i still wanted to show this as an option for anyone who might not make the leap. This a look that I've worn to the beach on cool winter mornings but that's only because the sleeves make it quite warm to wear in hot summers. The idea is to take a croptop you might have lying around and pair it with a fun skirt to create a very boho chic, beachy outfit.


6. Topsy Turvy




Finally, I can't end this post without showing what is my favourite hack when it comes to skirts. Most a-line skirts are great candidates for a one-shoulder top look! All I've done here is worn the skirt around my shoulders and then zipped up the side. Now you're thinking but it's completely open ... and i hear you girl!! All you do is add a belt, I'd suggest adding a sturdy belt of a thickness that you feel most comfortable with and that's really it. You've got an easy one-shoulder top that's ready to be paired with a pair of simple denims or maybe even another skirt? Really, your mind's the limit!



And that's it folks. There a several more ways you can style a simple floral skirt but these to me are my top favourites and something that would in my opinion suit almost all body types in the sense that there's most likely something for your body and personality type. Don't forget to swing by my Instagram for a video styling tutorial for all these looks (it's less than a minute long but packed full of quick style tips!).

If you do try one of these styles don't forget to use #Chiconomical to get featured on my feed!!

Outfit Details: 
Floral Skirt: Rs. 599, Fashionatclick
White T-shirt: Rs. 400, Coutloot
Floral Scarf: Rs. 899, Zara
Denim Shirt: Rs. 200, Linking Road, Bandra
Mint Jacket worn as top: Rs. 1000, Label life
Sling Bag: Rs. 1000, Label Life
Golden Cardigan: Rs. 899, Koovs Fashion
Striped Tshirt: Rs. 200, Hill Road, Bandra
Croptop: Rs. 200, Forever21
Denims: Rs. 1200, Asos

You Might Also Like

1 comments