10 Ways to Wear Denim Shorts

21:38:00

Denim shorts are those classic summer staples that every girl has quite likely worn at some point in their lives. All the comfort of denims made summer appropriate thanks to the length. While I haven't always been a short girl (skirts are still a preferred choice), I have recently been venturing into the shorts territory just because they're quite easy to carry when you're traveling. So here's some of my Favourite ways to wear a pair of denim shorts no matter what the event. Of course, these style ideas can easily translate to any pair of shorts you already own! Read on and don't forget to tell me which style idea is the most you in the comments!

1. That Ole' Tshirt




The most basic blogger style idea, just throw on a sassy tshirt and you've got yourself a cool 'lewk'. Honestly, there's a reason why this is such a timeless look. Easy to pull off irrespective of your body shape, this is possibly the most common yet most unique way to rock a pair of shorts. Really, pick your favourite old tshirt and tuck it in to look like you made an effort, add a belt and that's really it. Sometimes it's that simple!

2. White Shirt, How Original!





Yes, that's probably what you're gonna tell me but let's be honest, it's my blog and you can just skip along if white shirts aren't your thing. Although if you stay, there's 3 very different ways where the humble white shirt and shorts. It's fun, it's classic and it's honestly the only thing you need to create a few hundred totally different looks!

3. Strappy but Classy




A strappy top, a monochrome look and a sleeveless blazer make for one of those classy (I think!?) but still very interesting looks. Wear it for those weekend meetings where you don't have a dresscode but still wanna show people you mean business but in a very laidback manner.

4. Denim on Denim



This one's tricky. I won't lie. I'd suggest breaking the outfit up with accessories if you wear a denim shirt. Otherwise, you can try something along the lines that I did and add a bodysuit or a simple top to break the denim on denim. I also added a belt with a tiny pouch just for a bit more interest. Done right, this is actually a look that can be easy but chic.

5. I Heart You



Adding a fancy top is the easiest way to turn a daytime pair of denim shorts into a very evening appropriate outfit. This heart embroidered organza blouse is my spin on a fun but fancy top. This is what you'd see me wearing to that impromptu birthday party for my best friend that I almost didn't make it to. (Although if I'm being completely honest, I'm too scared for my life to be able to do that!)

6. Cut and Crop



Yes, had to throw this in here. A simple cute basic crop top works wonders with a pair of high waist shorts. It's that look that will never go out of style and you can probably recreate with anything you have in your closet. If your crop top isn't fitted, I'd say do a tiny front tuck to make sure you have shape instead of the complete tuck that I've done.

7. Saree What?




If you thought shorts and saree didn't mix, I'm hoping this look will convince you otherwise. A half-saree that let's you flant your lovely legs while still being very drapey is definitely my idea of the best of both worlds. This is what you'd find me wearing to fashion week if I ever decided to go back to that mad world! If you wanna know how I did this drape, you should definitely swing by my Instagram to see the video on my feed.

And that's it folks. Yes I understand that this style series has a lot of basic ideas but the idea is to have a good enough mix of looks that can help you create something from pieces you own or just get you to try a fresh combination you didn't think of before, no matter what your size or shape. If you enjoyed this post, please share it with your friends as that helps me create more such posts for you.


You Might Also Like

10 comments