- Ruffles are extremely distinct and feminine by nature, so if your clothing item has loud ruffles, try to pair it with a more severe piece to make it more work appropriate.
- Don't wear something that has big ruffles all over to avoid the you know, cupacke with icing look.
- Pair a structured pair of trousers (or a skirt like the one in this post) with a ruffled top to get a balanced look
- Keep the accessories minimal, this applies to most office outfits as you don't want to be distracted by jingling pieces while working.
- If you are uncomfortable with wearing ruffles, wear a blazer with the top to add structure to your look.
- Wearing a ruffled skirt to work is fine, but only if you manage to pair it with the right pieces, so as to avoid the tiered wedding cake look. Be careful, if the skirt has big ruffles, then the look can descend into juvenile very quickly. Its better to stick with a little but of ruffle at the end or small accents.
- Finally, don't be afraid to experiment! You may need a few tries to find the perfect piece that balances work and off duty! Till then, keep trying!!