Stripey Saturday: How To Wear Peplum and Striped Skirts10:19:00
Its not always that I go shopping and find an entire outfit. Honestly, most days, I find one piece that I like and then it waits in the cupboard till I manage to find some interesting things to pair it with. However, on some rare days, when I'm really lucky, I try an outfit in the trail room, love it, and wear it almost exactly the way I did in there. This entire outfit is worn here, just like I did in the changing room, and I still love it as much as I did when I wore it the first time.
Tips To Wear a Striped Skirt:
- Choose the correct style of stripes. If you're skinny like me, you can actually pull off horizontal stripes, but if not, choose vertical stripes, they're rather flattering and will give you a slimmer silhouette.
- If you are wearing horixontal stripes, pair it with a solid color or a flowing top in order to balance out the top and the bottom.
- A little bottom heavy but still wanna wear horizontal stripes? Try a flowing maxi skirt in a chiffon or equally light material. These aren't figure hugging and hence, won't add ten pounds to your shape.
- Striped skirts work well with small prints. Be bold and mix muted florals with stripes.
- Wear a half tucked in shirt and a backpack to make a skirt like this, work for the weekend.
- And finally, experiment with the styles you try and Always have fun!