Valentines Day Look Ideas: Day 3, Simple Things11:15:00
I added the red statement belt for giving the dress a little structure kept the look minimal and just added my new 3 Mad Chicks bag to add a little color. Honestly, I seem to be taking this piece everywhere! I like how the technicolor print makes it compatible with almost every outfit I decide to wear. And surprisingly, it is extremely spacious. I've managed to fit in all my usual stuff (sunglasses, lip balm, money purse) as well as a bottle of water and my latest read (A Ruskin Bond compilation which is absolutely lovely!). Other than that, I didn't even get time to run a comb through my hair before the shoot, so please excuse the messy hair! Another thing I'd like to add is that, while I bought this dress in a store, its extremely easy to make. See the DIY idea below. I'll try to include a video tutorial in a future post. You can always ask me if you have any questions.
DIY for making a similar Dress:
- Get a simple long slip in the color you like.
- Find an old dupatta or any chiffon cloth that goes with the color of the slip.
- Cut the dupatta in half and drap it on the slip so that it crosses at the front.
- Stich the dupatta at the ends at the shoulder and the bottom of the slip.
- A simply shift dress with an interesting drape is all ready!!