Valentines Day Look Ideas: Day 3, Simple Things

11:15:00

I hope you guys have been enjoying the looks ideas I've been posting for Valentines. You can see the first two posts here and here. I thought it would be a good idea to do a classic valentine's outfit. This dress always makes me think of an extra romantic date with candles and candies. I decided to show this dress because its such a pretty piece that can work well for both day and night. A candle light date or a fine dining lunch booking, this works in both settings. I styled it for a daytime look but swap the block heels for stilettos and the sunglasses for a sequinned bag, and you're all set for a party.








Pink Slip Dress: Rs. 300, Linking Road
Red Belt: About Rs. 250, Globus, A present from a friend actually
Upside Down Sunglasses: Rs. 300, Quikr
Watch: Borrowed from Best Friend (pretty much permanently ;) )
Nude Block Heels: Rs. 600, Borivali

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1450, which is around ₤14.

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh 

I added the red statement belt for giving the dress a little structure kept the look minimal and just added my new 3 Mad Chicks bag to add a little color. Honestly, I seem to be taking this piece everywhere! I like how the technicolor print makes it compatible with almost every outfit I decide to wear. And surprisingly, it is extremely spacious. I've managed to fit in all my usual stuff (sunglasses, lip balm, money purse) as well as a bottle of water and my latest read (A Ruskin Bond compilation which is absolutely lovely!). Other than that, I didn't even get time to run a comb through my hair before the shoot, so please excuse the messy hair! Another thing I'd like to add is that, while I bought this dress in a store, its extremely easy to make. See the DIY idea below. I'll try to include a video tutorial in a future post. You can always ask me if you have any questions.

DIY for making a similar Dress: 
  • Get a simple long slip in the color you like. 
  • Find an old dupatta or any chiffon cloth that goes with the color of the slip. 
  • Cut the dupatta in half and drap it on the slip so that it crosses at the front. 
  • Stich the dupatta at the ends at the shoulder and the bottom of the slip.
  • A simply shift dress with an interesting drape is all ready!!
Find more Look Ideas and Inspiration on our FACEBOOK PAGE!! 
You can also find us on INSTAGRAM!


You Might Also Like

0 comments