Music Is My Religion

09:28:00

Play the moments, Pause the memories, Stop the Pain, Rewind the Happiness.....


Music is a ridiculously big part of my life. I usually add music to every situation and I have a song for almost everything that happens. Seriously, without music life would be a drab place. So its only fitting that my first shoot in Kolkata had lots of music elements, including my very first knit of 2016, this gorgeous Piano Slouch hat. Believe me, you'll be seeing a lot more of this on the blog this month.





Sporty Dress: Rs. 699, Forever21
Shoes: Rs. 750, Forever21
Bag: Rs. 550, Koovs
Glasses: Rs. 200, Colaba Causeway
Beanie: Handmade by me!

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 2199, which is about ₤22.




Photo Credits: Kinjal Sen


I put together this looking keeping in mind all my favorites. Music, monochrome, minimalist comfort. I would wear this pretty much everywhere (including office if they didn't have a dress code). I love the almost sporty relaxed fit of this dress (yes, its new and a birthday present too) and the boots and hat simply make it perfect festival outfit. I added the red bag for a little pop of color. While I'm still not into suede bags, I think the tassels on this bag add a little boho to the outfit.

Tips to Dress for a Music Festival/Concert
  • Tassles and fringes on clothes are big this season. If you have a little budget, invest in one statement piece with these to add that laid back, boho vibe.
  • Wear comfortable shoes! You'll be walking around or probably jumping with joy if you're at a concert so comfortable shoes are a must. You don't want to lose circulation in your feet or have cuts that ruin your fun. 
  • Opt for layers. So you are inside a hall packed with a few million people and then suddenly its time to go home. You realise that its a few degrees cooler outside by the time you head back home. Avoid catching a chill and wear layers so that its easier to regulate the temperature depending on where you are. 
  • Need a quick fix for your meh outfit? Just put on a quirky hat or a pair of funky sunglasses and you'll have added a little pep to your regular outfit. 
  • Finally, don't forget to have fun! Trust me, when the music takes control of your soul, you won't be worrying about what you're wearing! 

Do you like this outfit? Tell me in the comments below!! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments