Summer Street Shopping Haul: What to Buy From Hill Road, Bandra

08:32:00

Last month, I found myself on the streets of Mumbai with my sister for a spot of shopping. I was out for the very first time since coming back from Kolkata and I just couldn't get over the happiness I felt. First, this was some quality sister bonding time I was spending with my sister after a long time...and second we were doing one of our favorite things, shopping! I loved the sights, the sounds and the excitement at finding something lovely.

I remember a few years back when we used to count our pennies and bargain like crazy. While I still do that at times, my sister has grown but still has the spunk needed to tackle street sellers. So anyway, cutting my musings short, I managed to get my sister to take some images of the things we bought for her (and just a couple of things for me).

1. Red Full Sleeves Maxi Dress: Rs. 300 - Store at the corner of Elco, Hill Road


This dress caught my sister's eye because its demure yet sexy. It has a rather interesting back but the sleeves still keep it very demure. I can't wait to see it on my sister and honestly, for the price, this is a complete steal.

2. Assorted Crop Tops: Rs. 400 Each - Forever, Hill Road


My sister's one main aim was to find herself some croptops and boy did we find some! These croptops are made from such a good material and have the most gorgeous cut that I can't even begin to tell you how amazing they look. I got myself one that looks exactly like the black one, except in white. These tops have so many ways you could wear them, I think I'm going to have to do a post about all those ways very soon!

3. Striped Maxi Skirt: Rs. 150, Stall outside Fendi's - Hill Road

Yes!! This beauty is for 150. Now this is something my sister and I both instantly fell in love with (different colors of course, we don't have the same tastes). The guy had all kinds of stripes in all those nautical colors that we love. Honestly, this was yet another amazing find that I think is going to be a total closet staple for both of us.

4. Denim Dress: Rs. 350, Store next to Forever, Hill Road


This was by far my favorite find of the day! This denim dress is so on trend and the detailing is amazing. For the price, I wish I could have bought one for myself however, considering I spend most of my time at work (which means no denim unless its Friday), buying this wouldnt' have been a good idea. I still love this street find and it reminds me of why I have so much love for street shopping.

We did get a couple of other things but I haven't listed them here because they aren't exactly street shopping. I was still extremely happy with this summer haul. Denim, stripes, prints, we managed to get a little bit of everything and at throwaway prices. I think its important to keep in mind that street shopping isn't always this fruitful. I remember the last time my sister was around, we didn't find a single thing we liked and came back home with nothing. But, don't get disheartened if you can't find the prefect thing, there's always a next time!

What was your favorite piece from this haul? Tell me in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments