3 Ways to Wear : Tricolour for Republic Day

07:50:00

Happy Tuesday friends! We're just a few days away from Republic day and I know you all have some patriotic function to attend. Whether it's for school, college, university, office, or just a get together in the building, we always have something to celebrate the day and it's quite right too! Now while I know there are a lot of those orange white and green lookbooks out there (I've done a few myself) I thought I'd share three simple looks you can create with a basic saree. Granted, my saree is more cream than white and that's because I'm on a no shop month and that means I can't quite indulge in getting myself a Suta white which is right up there on my list at the moment. However, this lookbook can definitely be used with any colour saree that you have that is appropriate for the Republic day. The idea is to give you some styling inspiration!



Classic Repulic Day Tricolor Look








For this look, I wanted to create a simple yet striking outfit. While I wish I could say I have several things in all these colours of the Indian flag, but the fact is.. I don't. Which meant that I add a bit of orange using flowers. This is a smart way to add an extra colour to a look without overpowering the outfit in my book. The 'blouse' is actually a crop top and the saree is one I bought from my trip to Kerala a couple of years ago. I bet you have atleast one white or off white saree lying around the house (mom's, friend's or your very own). This is a look that can be easily recreated using it. If you don't have a blouse in an appropriate colour, you can easily swap it out with just more flowers in your hair. Simple, striking no mush no fuss!

Boho Republic Day Tricolor Look




Is half saree my favourite way to wear a saree? Why yes it is! I love the fusion that I like to think of as the best of both worlds which means that I can walk around like I'm wearing pants (hop, skip jump) and still have the elegance of a saree. I added a pair of burnt orange dhoti pants and wore the same saree as before as a half saree and kept the rest of the look essentially the same! Simple, classic and super fun to walk around in.

Faux couture Republic Day Tricolor Look




For the final look, I decided I wanted to do something a little out there. I added a statement dupatta in orange and draped it so that it almost looks like it's part of the saree. It's simple but a great way to keep warm. This can totally work with any saree or even a shawl in a contrasting colour. It definitely is a little bit out there but I somehow felt like a couture queen when I wore this and it's possibly one of my recent favourite styling ventures.

And that's all folks! I hope you liked these looks and they gave you a little bit of inspiration to dress up for Republic day. In case you haven't noticed, I'd also like to proudly point out the not so fancy eyeshadow that I tried for these looks. Yes it isn't the greatest but I hope I'm getting better in creating these looks and you have to tell me if it's any good or if its a lost venture. Here's wishing you all a very Happy Republic Day! Don't forget to share your looks with me on social media using #Chiconomical. I stalk that hashtag like crazy and I'd love to see you use some of these styling tricks for yourself.



PS: In case you want even more republic day inspiration, I craeted an IGTV video that you can totally check out. Click here for the IGTV Video!

You Might Also Like

0 comments