10 Cozy But Cute Valentine's Day Outfits

07:28:00

Ahhh Valentine's day... that time of the month when you have an explosion of those colours classified under cute and that means a whole lot of pinks, reds, whites and blacks. I know it's hard to sometimes work these colours into your wardrobe and that's why I've got you covered with 10 of my looks that are cosy (because let's face it, 14th February is still pretty cold in some places in the world) and still cute and make you look like a million bucks. These looks have something for everyone, from warm evenings at home by the fireplace to date nights at the swankiest restaurants. Read on and pick your favourites!

1. Classic Valentine's Day Look




Let's start with something that's super on brand when it comes to the day of love shall we? A pink jumper and a pair of red culottes. Now since we're trying to make this cozy, I added a coat in a tan (basically a shade of brown, let's be honest). I think this outfit embodies Valentine's day and is a simple look for Valentines. I added a pair of animal print heels to just incorporate a trend I'm a little bit obsessed with. Either way, this look is super simple to create using pieces you might already own!

2. Red Jumper and Animal Print


Animal print is possibly the MOST on trend thing this season. A good way to incorporate it into your Valentine's day look is to pair it with a simple jumper. A red jumper is honestly a piece that will instantly create those sexy vibes. Paired with a pleated animal print skirt (or even a slip skirt if you can get your hands on those somehow), this look is perfect for a brunch date with a pair of sneakers or heels the way I've paired it for a cosy evening date. BONUS points if you manage to work in another animal print piece such as a scarf or even a clutch into the look!

3. Colour blocking using Red Jumper



Animal print not for you? Well colour blocking is a trend that actually doesn't take much effort to create but still makes you look like a fashionista. A simple red jumper paired with burgundy (maroon) skirt in or even trousers in hot pink or darker shades will make it look like you are a runway diva but honestly just requires holding one piece of garment next similar shades to see what works. It's simple but striking!

4. Monotone in Pink



Red a little to loud for you? Why not try a baby pink. Yes, the other colour that is heavily associated with Valentine's day but makes for some lovely pairing is a pink jumper. You can go all out and pair it with blush trousers (blush is honestly just a fancy way of saying light pink in my book) and create a monotone look.


Add a statement bag or a statement necklace to complete the look. This is actually a super simple outfit and can work in any colour palette you choose to don for Valentines and still looks super put together. (Nobody needs to know that you almost didn't make it to date night because you couldn't decide what to wear!)

5. Flirty Florals


Right, I know you're looking at this and you're thinking it's not exactly cosy. Well, I know there's somebody out there who's got a tropical weather Valentine's day outfit to plan and girl, this look is just for you. Now I'm a person who thinks florals look good on pretty much every person depending on the print size. Believe me, if you haven't found your floral love yet, you probably need to switch up the print size you're working with. For this look, I paired a simple slip dress with a floral blazer. The blazer is to help you ensure that the

6. Power Dressing with a Punch




Okay, I know red on red is something not everybody can wear but I urge you to try it atleast once. For this look, I went for a casual yet dressy vibe. Take off the blazer and you've got a simple yet striking outfit. Honestly, I love how crazy this t-shirt is and it works perfectly with the single yet striking vibe that you'd want to go for if you're celebrating with your girls.

7. Dark Soul



A simple outfit for all those girls who don't want to wear reds, pinks and blues. An all black outfit, just like how dark your thoughts are is probably the way to go. A classic polo neck, a short a-line mini skirt and knee high boots and a hat is one of those looks that will look good no matter where you are in the world. I always think Parisian chic when I think of this look honestly, but you can rock it wherever you live. Don't own the pieces I'm wearing here? You can for sure create this look using a little black dress or even similar separates in black.

8. Metallic Statements




No Valentine's day lookbook curated by me can be complete without a metallic skirt. The addition of this pink jumper essentially makes this a little Valentines-y? No? Well we're counting it that way anyway! A metallic skirt can make any look party ready. This look is literally an oversized super cosy jumper paired with a metallic statement skirt and voila! we've got a party ready look. I actually created it more for a brunch date and that's why I've got the floral scarf and pastel colours. You can definitely switch out my pastel jumper for a black or a red one and swap the block heels for a pointier pair but girl, this is a look that's going to work for a lot of different events you may have lined up for Valentine's day!

9. Florals and Knits




Full disclosure, I've actually already worn this for a birthday party last weekend. It got such lovely feedback from my friend (yes, the one person because it was an intimate celebration) I decided I'd share this with you all. The maxi skirt is actually a maxi dress that I've worn about 3 times now and have been majorly obsessed with. I paired it with a simple oversized jumper and since there's a lot of volume at the top and the bottom and you never want to look like you're drowning in material, I added a simple statment belt to cinch in the waist.

10. Comfy Chic




Finally, no cosy lookbook can be complete without a look for fireside cuddling. A simple jumper and a pair of denims. The trick is to tuck the jumper and maybe add a statement necklace if you like. Tucking can make even the shabbiest outfit look nicer and there's something just so comforting about denims, am I right folks? Insert cosy socks, blanket and mood lighting and I assure you, you'll be having the most lovely evening.

I hope these looks give you a little bit of style inspiration for Valentine's day and you get to put your own unique twist to them. I don't think you need to get new things specific for Valentine's. It's absolutely okay to reuse things you own and that's why a lot of these looks have pieces that are reused. It isn't about things you don't own but about finding things that you already own and putting them to good use!

If you enjoyed this post, make sure to follow me on Instagram and turn on post notifications on there because I'll be doing a special style series for Valentines day. If you do try out some of these looks, make sure to tag your post with #Chiconomical so that I can see how fabulous you look!

You Might Also Like

0 comments