Quirk Pop

11:55:00

If you're living in India and do normal things for a living, you're probably feeling the October heat. I for one seem to be caught in two worlds where everyone I know seems to be living in almost winter environments and I seem to be stuck in the furnace of Fall. Yes, that's a thing if you live in Mumbai.
Since I can't really don any winter gear right now (god save me from the heat!) I decided to be sneaky about incorporating knitwear into my October heat outfit. I give you, my go-to October uniform.

Today's outfit is all about the weekend. Modern, edgy with just a touch of winter gear, its actually my favorite outfit in a long time! I was so excited to share this with you guys, I decided to shoot the look myself. Lately, I've had a difficult time finding photographers I can work with, so I decided to shoot with a timer. This look is all about comfort and laid back weekends. Not a heels girl? Swap out the heels for a pair of white sneakers and this look still rocks!






Mango Tshirt: Rs. 599, Mango, Myntra (buy here)
Denim Joggers: Rs. 200, Colaba Causeway
Quirky Bag: Rs. 1750, Sugarbox (buy here)
White Heels: Rs. 1400, Zara from Stylflip
Headband: Silai London, Gift from Sister (buy here)

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 3949, which is around ₤40

The recent trend of sticking pop art on everything is going nowhere and I can't help but fall in love with it. What used to be essentially a way to hide the flaws in your clothes (atleast for me) has now turned into a fashion statement. This top from Mango was a steal in the recent Myntra online sale and the bag was part of my Sugarbox this month. Would I buy the bag at its current price? Nope! I think its a little too expensive so I'm glad it was part of the sugarbox since its a lot more cheaper that way. Oh, and you can always make your own pop stickers and DIY a normal sling bag (they come for around Rs. 200 on the streets).

Finally, lets please take a moment to appreciate the work of art, that is the headband. Something that totally transforms the look from meh to muah for me. I love how I get a chance to incorporate winterwear into my outfit in someway (yes, I'm one of those freaks who like winters). This handmade beauty from Silai London is so adorable and I've been using it a lot at home lately. Cosy, comfy and made to measure, there's something so special about handmade things, I can't quite describe it. A must have this winter in my book!

What are you doing to beat the October heat? Tell me in the comments
OR
Join the Conversation on Facebook

This post was featured in Links a La Mode, October 20, 2016
Go check out some other gorgeous links! 
Links à la Mode, October 20th
SPONSOR: Amazon's Shopbop, Hunter Boots, Wolford Tights, Levi's Jeans, Juan Carlos Obando, AGOLDE, LOQ, Black Leather Jackets, Denim Skirts, Burgundy Bags, Men's Z Zegna

You Might Also Like

0 comments