3 Look Ideas for Navratri: White

18:04:00

The thing about white is that it's too often associated with death in our country. Wearing an all white outfit is in my mind associated with someone dying. However, since today's color is white, I figured why not do white outfits my way. Since white on it's own is great for a hot summer but isn't really something that brings me joy, every outfit in today's post is white mixed with other colors. You may or may not love this and that's completely your choice. As always, these looks are to inspire you to create a look of your own!

1.  The Common Woman


If you don't know who The Common Man is, I suggest you google him right now. For the longest time, this was one of the first things I read in the morning and this look is inspired by that childhood memory. I saw this print on the jacket and felt it made a great piece to add to my steadily growing jacket collection. I deided to wear it as a top and added a dupatta and a patiala from another set to complete the look. This reminds me of the common man, except this time, it's the modern day interpretation of him and it's actually a her. If you've got a jacket lying around in a funky print, then I suggest you find a pair of funky pants and make them interesting again!

2. The Couture Woman


So when I started this Navratri series, I knew I wanted to do a modern-ish (one that is going to make my best friend frown because she doesn't get it ) look. You've seen this top before and this skirt is an addition to my growing metallics collection. I turned this long kurti into an almost bubble top and then layered it with the silver metallic skirt. The result is a rather short and less traditional version of a navratri outfit. If you've got a metallic skirt lying around, don't hesitate to layer it with your everyday clothes to create a unique navratri look. 

3. Fusion Forever




Finally, for the last look, I converted a regular dupatta into a kimono and paired it with a crop top and a traditional skirt. Adding a contrasting color can give a regular white outfit more dimension. If you still want to stick to a monochrome outfit, why not add interest through textures. Look for seemingly clashing textures in the same shade. Or, look for complete opposites like me and make sure to keep the rest of the look simple. 

That's all for today folks! I hope you shine bright today and have an absolutely fabulous day ahead! Don't forget to swing by tomorrow and check out the next set of looks. Till then, stay happy and dance the evening away!

You Might Also Like

0 comments