Valentine's Day Look Ideas: Day 4, Not All Red or Pink

10:38:00



Valentines doesn't always mean red. Sometimes, it also means lace and floral prints. While I've already done a post with the skater silhouette, I just felt that I should do a post with these two rather Valentine's day classic trends. Now, I don't really have a lot of floral in my closet. Yes, I have a lovely Topshop dress with roses and a leafy dress, I still have a much larger number of clothes in monotone.





Printed Shirt: Vintage, bought when I was about 13!
Skater Skirt: Rs. 450, Jabong
Ballet Flats and Bag: Birthday present from a friend
Bracelet: Rs. 20, Trains
Earrings: Rs. 150, Forever 21

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 620, which is around ₤6

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh 

This outfit has muted tones for a Valentines outfit, which appeal to me. Not in the color sense, but in its elements, the slight floral printed top and the skater skirt with a little lace bit, make it a bit unconventional. Like yesterday, I still paired my new bag with the outfit and think it complements the look perfectly. If you aren't a big fan of lace, I suggest you look for plain outfits with a little bit of lace. This is a good way to flaunt your feminine side without going multi-tiered cupcake! On my face, I used my new neon pink lipstick and my Maybelline Hypersharp Liner. I don't really like using a lot of makeup, so the pop of color makes this look interesting to me, even if the pictures don't show the color all that well. 

Tips for Wearing Florals: 
  • Floral prints make a statement on their own, so if you have an all over floral print, try to limit you accessories.
  • A simple floral skirt can be paired with solid colors to design a simple yet playful look. 
  • Clashing prints is a big trend at the moment, do this by pairing florals with florals! Wear a tiny floral print with a loud one, to make a statement. 
  • Wear a floral dress with a biker jacket and boots to show the world that you ain't no shrinking violet! 
Find more Quirky Goodness on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!

You Might Also Like

1 comments