Valentines Day Look Ideas: Look 5, Punk Rock

21:54:00

I've not been a very big fan of sequins in the past. But what's with sequins taking over the night as well as the daytime scenes recently, I thought it would be a good idea to incorporate a look where sequins are a part of the overall look, but the accessories make the look appropriate for daytime. I'm big on looks that can work well during the day as well as take you to a party after work. This is my take on how sequins can be made, a little punk rock, a little pretty and a lot less shiny!

mumbai fashion blogger, sequins, how to wear sequins during the day, sequins at daytime, foldable raybans, converse, punk rock, how to wear converse with dresses, fashion blogger






Sequined Dress: Rs. 250, Hill Road
Bag: Rs. 500 Colaba Causeway
Converse: Rs. 770, Myntra.com
Watch: Borrowed from the Best friend
Cropped Jacket: Rs. 800, Fashionandyou
Earrings: Rs. 50, Trains

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 2370, which is about ₤23.

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh

This look is so comfortable yet catchy, I could see myself wearing it on regular working days! I'll be honest, I didn't really try this look on, before going for the shoot so I was a little hesitant about the overall outcome. But looking at the instant happiness I felt when I saw the first picture, I know its a winner in my book! And did you notice, my new converse have made their very first appearance here! Yay!!

On a little side note, I'd like to apologise for not being able to post this on time! I know I promised to post one look a day, but I've been working all day and then working through the night (read till its morning) so by the time I come back, I really have no energy to do anything other than crash till I have to wake up again (read about two hours after the crashing bit). Happy days....not!

Tips to Wear Sequins during daytime:
  • Pair a sequinned top or skirt with a cool jacket or cardigan to mute the all over shiny sequinned patterns. If you have a top, pair it with your well fitted workpants or skirt. 
  • Wear a sequinned dress with workwear flats and a formal blazer in a color in the same pallette as the dress to mute the bling and make it workwear acceptable. However, don't try this with an all over sequinned dress, it might not work well enough! 
  • Remember that any outfit with sequins will have to be balanced! Especially if its for daywear. Don't go over the top with loud accessories if you're already wearing a sequinned piece
  • Wanna bring a little bling to everyday? Pair your casual jeans and tshirt looks with a cropped sequined jacket to get instant glam during the day! 
  • If you feel you can't yet take the plunge into wearing clothes with sequins, add a little bag or heels with sequins to your everday look, then build up the courage from there! 

Find more Look Ideas and Quirky Goodness by following us on FACEBOOK and INSTAGRAM!
Keep in touch with new posts,,,,follow us on BLOGLOVIN

You Might Also Like

0 comments