Chiconomical Guide: How to Wear Crop Tops in Winter

05:21:00

Crop tops are everybody's fashion favorites in summer and as soon as winter creeps in, they're sentenced to spending a season at the back of the closet. This is all well and good for people who have loads of clothes and can actually afford the separate wardrobes as the seasons change. However, if you're like me and want to get the most out of your wardrobe, then this post is for you! Here are 3 fabulous ways to get the most out of your summer crop tops and wear them through winter!

1. Over the top



I absolutely love the idea of wearing a distinctly summer croptop over a winter knit. This crop top was bought a few years ago at a street vendor eventhough it was too big for me. I layered it over my black polo neck jumper (a Mango from Colaba for a fraction of the retail cost) and then added a long sleeveless coat for a bit more warmth. My trustly piano beanie is a fixed point in my winter wardrobe so obviously it shows up here. A simple monochrome look to take all your summer favorites to winter, this can be worn to work or play!


2. Under the coat




Usually, I buy crop tops that are slightly longer simply because I like to use them for work as well as parties. However, once in a while, you see a geometric print that takes your heart and then the price is around the cost of a coffee at Starbucks and you find yourself rushing to the counter to hand over your coffee money. This crop top is exactly that steal and I decided to layer it under a coat for warmth and added a high waisted palazzo pant to hide my belly fat. Of course, the earrings are a nice pop of color. (PS: This 'designer' bag from Quirk Box was bought on sale last month, go check them out cos there's some great deals on their cool prints!)

3. Layered to Perfection



Photo Credits: Sneha Mahimane Photography (seriously, follow her already!)


Finally, I wanted a look for the office that made use of simple elements every girl probably already owns. A white crop top with cutouts, a black pencil skirt (girls, you have to have one if you don't yet) and a blanket scarf. The possiblities are endless! I decided to keep myself warm by wrapping it around my neck. If its still too chilly for you, don't hesitate to add tights and a long coat on top! A simple look that can be worn to work while still being cosy.

What are your hacks to wear crop tops in winter? Tell me in the comments
OR

You Might Also Like

0 comments