Three Ways to Wear: A White Long Kurta

09:45:00

Heritage. This very word seems to bring in visions of places and feelings of yore. Since today's World Heritage Day, I decided it was apt that I create an outfit that seems to be a fusion of the old and new. I love to create outfits that combine old world charm with modern silhouettes. This maxi/kurti dress is a prime example of this idea. Today I give you three simple yet different ways to wear a long kurti. In order to honor World Heritage Day, I decided to shoot at some of my favorite heritage spots in my city.



Look 1: The Classic Take





The most ethnic and traditional way to wear a kurti is with leggings. I decided to pair it with salmon pink leggings and statement earrings. I added my Quirk Box bag and shot the look in my favorite place in the city, fort. These little lanes are full of British architecture with its columns and intricate designs. An all time favorite for shopping as well as grabbing a cup of coffee, if there's one place in Mumbai that makes me positively nostalgic, its the lanes in colaba. 

Look 2: The Ruffled Twist







 I love finding new twists for normal outfits. It's been over a month that I've been planning this particular look and its possibly one of my most favorite looks till date. I simply tucked the front of the kurti into the top and the final result is something that's completely new. It's a nice ruffled top that is simple yet striking. Paired with my pleated maxi skirt (and who doesn't love those), its the perfect banjaran (bohemian) outfit for hot summers.

Look 3: The Modern Take






This final outfit is a look that's all about happiness. It's all about mixing bright colors and dressing for your inner free spirit. Of course, I had to take pictures at the most iconic place in all of the city. Gateway of India. It's been ages since I've been here and while were battling the sun, the heat and serious lack of technical skills (yes, we really don't know what kind of shtos we want on most days) it was still the most fun shoot we had. I really think you'll be seeing a lot more of this place in the future! Coming onto the outfit, I decided to wear the white dress as a maxi dress and added a bright dupatta and clinched in the waist with a tassel belt. Simple, modern and super comfortable for summers. 

White Long Kurti: Rs. 200, Colaba Causeway
Tan Sandals: Rs. 400, Colaba Causeway
Pleated Mint Maxi Skirt: Rs. 800, Aliexpress
Dupatta: Borrowed from Mom
Bag: Rs. 550, Quirkbox

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1950, which is around ₤20



Photo Credits: Shruti Phulgirkar

I hope you've enjoyed my take on dressing for World Heritage Day. This is a day when we preserve our roots while still embracing the future.

How are you celebrating World Heritage Day? Tell me in the comments 
and
Join the tribe on Instagram to get even more unseen images! 

PS: This post was featured in the April 20th, Links a la Mode! (Yay!!) 


Links à la Mode, April 20th
SPONSOR: Amazon's Shopbop Veronica Beard, LuMee Cases, SMYTHE Coats, Place Nationale, Hunza G, Maison du Soir, Platform Sneakers, Bucket Bags, Statement Earrings, Men's Atelier de l'Armee

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments