The Rage

07:32:00

I see you wearing those pretty crop tops. I see you wearing your printed trousers and flaunting your Malono Blahniks and I rage. I see all those pretty young girls with their designer handbags, bad mouthing the lives that 'common' people lead, and I rage. I'm not a rich girl. I do all my shopping on the streets and I'm proud of it. I may not be able to afford half the things that you do, but I still have a better outlet for my rage. You may spend your time talking about all those glitzy soirees and fancy people with cardboard lives but I spend my time indulging my rage. I rage, but in a different way.

I vent my rage when I let that kid from the trains who spends his day selling knick-knacks play a couple of games on my cellphone. He smiles and tries to offer me a prayer card from the church he attends. I decline, " You keep it." He smiles back and says, 'Nahi?' (No) and I nod. He says that he has to get down now, flashes another smile, and leaves. I'm sitting there a little happy,a little dumbstruck and a lady next to me asks, "Do you know that boy?" I say no, he asked if he could play and I said yes. She gives a shocked and slightly disgusted expression that clearly says, what if he had stolen your phone and run out of the train with it? I'm surprised. I never even thought about that part. Do we really have to believe the bad things about everybody first? Can we not try to be so cynical and judge people without even knowing about their lives?

I may trust easily, I may not have the same mistrust of little kids who sell things in the trains, but I can't feel guilty about it. Am I gullible? Maybe. Am I slightly out of sync with the world? Most certainly. Am I still hopeful that everybody just needs a little kindness and they'll walk the right path? Definitely. Naive as that maybe, I think kindness can change the world. All you need is a little bit of faith.

PS: I know that was slightly heavy as compared to my usual posts, but I felt the need to to vent. I rarely use my blog to express my emotions but I felt I needed to say it. Anyway, here's a few pictures from my Uni's 'Tie Day' from a couple of weeks ago.


workwear, ray bans, how to wear sunglasses, indian fashion blogger, white shirt, formals, ties, how to wear tie

professional look, what to wear to work, crisp white shirt, pinstriped trousers, satchel bag

indian fashion blogger, look for less, how to wear a tie, formals for work, formal outfit ideas, geek chic, how wear pinstripes, fashion blogger, sunglasses, ray bans

sunglasses, folding ray bans, wayfareres, workwear, satchel bag, pinstripes, statement jewellery, everyday mumbai street style

indian fashion blogger, mumbai fashion blog, workwear outfits, everyday fashion, look for less, thrifty fashion, street shopping in mumbai, statement necklace, jewellry

indian fashion blogger, desi fashion, what to wear to work in india, formal outfits, white shirt, statement necklace, black statment necklace, how to wear jewellry to work

workwear, outfit ideas for work, fashion blog, how to wear pinstripes, statement necklace, how to wear statment jewellery to work
White Shirt: Rs. 800, Anabelle, Pantaloons
Pinstriped Trousers: Gift from Cousin
Necklace: Rs. 400, Hill Road, Bandra
Sunglasses: Ray Bans, buy here
Bag: Rs. 600, Colaba Causeway
Tie: Dad's 
Heels: Rs. 500, Bandra

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 2300, which is about ₤23.



You Might Also Like

0 comments