3 Ways to Wear IndoWestern This Navratri - Orange

07:25:00

It seems I really need to start finding more orange to wear. Like I've said before here, I don't own a lot of orange which makes it super hard to create outfits around this color. Are you someone who thinks that really loud colors don't suit you? I for one certainly think so on most days. Of course then there's Navratri and loud goes with the territory. Now for those of you who don't live in India and are curious about the festival, I did explain it a couple of years ago in one of my older blog posts. You can read it here if you want to gain some info on it. Anywho, back to the outfits. Now since I don't own anything other than this orange skirt that's orangey enough, I had to resort to doing some fancy styling to make the three looks unique!

1. Flash Forward




I love wearing dressing to work and that's exactly what I wanted to do for this first look. The trick to turning a dress into a top is to layer it with something structured. You can switch out the jacket for a blazer and then belt the blazer to add a bit of structure. I did this very thing by pairing this skirt with my printed jacket and then belting it to turn the skirt into more of a structured belt. I personally love doing this with skirts and feel they're so much more versatile than dresses. Add your office bag and minimal accessories, and you've got the perfect workwear look. 

2. Fusion Forever



If you've got a printed blouse, why not try pairing it with a simple skirt. I added this scarf that I'd made a few years back to pull together the colors of the skirt and the top. This is actually a blouse but I decided it was pretty enough to be worn on its own. Always remember, blouses are croptops waiting to be paired in the right way! And while you're at it, why not forgot the traditional accessories for a headband. I used an extra bit of fabric that I'd bought at a flea market in Kolkata and turned it into a headband. Look around, I assure you there's lots of stuff you can reuse, all you need to do is use your imagination!

3. Fixer Upper Fashion




This is the kind of look that I don when I'm travelling. Why not give the regular tight clothes a skip and go for anti-fit outfits. This reminds me of the traditional north eastern outfits that I used to see when I was a child. I've never been there and don't really know the traditions but this is almost my tribute to their silhouettes. Its always interesting to try things out of my comfort zone and I encourage you to try it too!

What have you been wearing today? I hope you have a fabulous week ahead. Don't forget to swing by the blog tomorrow to see three ways to wear the next color. Oh btw, if you want EVEN MORE inspiration to wear orange, go sign up for The Chiconomical Insider and I'll shoot you two more looks using this very skirt! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments