Three Ways to Wear : A Shirt Dress in Winter

09:53:00

Winter doesn't have to spell goodbye for your Indian kurtas and shirt dresses. Shirt dresses are a one of my wardrobe staples and I usually wear these to work as well as on the weekends. Since the temperatures are dropping a little bit, I thought I'd share some of my favourite ways to wear a shirt dress when the temperatures drop.




A Shirt Dress with Boots



So this is possibly the easiest way to wear a shirt dress. Slap on a pair of tights and cosy boots and chances are, you'll be able to face a slightly chilly fall day with no effort. Of course, I'd say keep a denim jacket closeby for cooler evenings. I added a belt to cinch in the waist because otherwise I feel like a sack of potatoes but if you are somebody who likes boxier silhouettes, you can just as easily skip that!

A Shirt Dress with A Shawl




Yes I know what you're thinking, shawls are for old people but just hear me out. A blanket scarf or a chunky shawl is actually a super underrated accessory in my opinion. For this look, I simply added a lovely thick knit scarf around my neck and belted it to create a totally different outfit. It's literally the first outfit with an extra piece of accessory that completely changes the look. I've picked a scarf in a contrasting colour but this works just as well with any shawl or blanket scarf you have lying around. The belt will keep it from making you look like your drowning in fabric and give you a bit of shape. It's a simple but effective way to update your normal outfit.

A Shirt Dress as A Jacket



Finally, you knew this was coming the moment I said it was a shirt dress. This look is all about taking a simple denims and white tshirt look and taking it up another level by adding key accessories. I added the shirt dress as a long jacket and then also added some of my statement bohemian pieces to create a whole gypsy vibe. Overall, this is the look I'd wear the most on the weekends and it gives you room to really dress up or dress down the outfit depending on your mood.

I hope you enjoyed these three looks! If you don't have a shirt dress or maybe just have a regular maxi dress you can check out my last three ways post that gives you tips on exactly that! A fun side effect of this style challenge is that you can swap out the dress with a simple button down and a pair of tailored trousers and use the exact same tips I've given about to create looks using a printed button down shirt. Honestly, the basic concept is exactly the same irrespective of whether it's a dress or a shirt. Try it!



PS: If you enjoyed this series, please leave me a comment below and tell me your favourite look of the three! I love hearing from you guys and the feedback would mean the world to me!!

Outfit Details: 

Shirt Dress: Rs. 799, Spoyl
Boots: Rs. 1200, Forever21
Mustard Scarf: Rs. 500, Forever21
Black Boots: Rs. 1199, Zara
White Tshirt: Rs. 200, Koovs
Denims: Rs. 1500, Asos
Obi Belt: Rs. 1000, Label Life

You Might Also Like

0 comments