How to Wear Horizontal Stripes

07:02:00

Another post on stripes? Yes please. I think we all know by now that I'm a sucker for stripes. Vertical stripes are very flattering and I think we all know that. Horizontal stripes? Well, I know a lot of women who wouldn't be caught dead in these! And this is exactly why I decided to write about this seemingly taboo print.






I had bought this little dress a couple of years ago and while I haven't gotten much wear out of it, I still thought it was a great piece to show the versatility of a nautical striped dress. I know horizonal is supposed to add more pounds instantly to your physique but its still something you can wear. Well since I'm skinny I sometimes pick such styles intentionally to look a little bulky (yes, you envy me, I've heard that before but I don't exactly have it easy either). I think this dress can be used for work as well as play. Style it with a satchel and heels for work, or wear it with a sling and flats for a nice evening by the beach.



Allen Solly Striped Dress: Rs. 2400, Allen Solly (buy here)
Spiked Flats: Rs. 500, The Label Life
Satchel Bag: Rs. 400, Colaba Causeway
Ray Ban Sunglasses: Gift

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 4300, which is around ₤43. 

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh



If you're not exactly on the skinny side and want to wear horizontal stripes, I suggest going for thinner stripes. The material should be flowy so that it doesn't at volume to your look. I personally went for a very structured dress but replace this with a flowy kaftan in stripes and you've got your beach look sorted, no matter how un-skinny you are. Believe me, its all about choosing the right cut and fabric for your body!

Do you like stripes? Tell me how you style them in the comments below!

You Might Also Like

0 comments