3 Navratri Looks on a Budget : White

06:58:00

There's a timeless beauty to wearing white. White is etheral. White is serene. White also, if you're anything like me gets messed up in about 5 seconds. But today we're braving the gravy and creating three outfits that can definitely be worn for Navratri. The key piece for the day is a chikankari white skirt. Chikankari in white is absolutely beautiful and while I'm still on the search for the perfect white chikankari kurta, this skirt will do for now.


Look 1

For this look, I decided to go the classic way. There's a reason why the classics have survived for so long. I actually really enjoy the classic garba attire.

Now since you know me, (queen of having zero blouses that fit) I swapped out the regular top with a neon crop top and then just added a simple dupatta.

All in all, just a classic Navrati outfit for you to enjoy and dance around in with minimal fuss.

A big bindi can sometimes take a look from boring to different. This bindi reminds me of what I would probably look like if I still worked in Kolkata. Either way, this is one of those looks you'll either love or love to hate.


Look 2


So you think wearing a simple classic white t-shirt can't be worn to the Navratri party? Well, while a white t-shirt, embroidered vest and denims is one of those all time classics, I decided to pair it with the white chikankari skirt and added a few statement pieces to complete the look.

If you're somebody who loves minimal looks, this outfit is probably something to have in your style book. A monochrome look works really well in any colour and gives you the ability to show off your accessories to the maximum.

If you're somebody who enjoys wearing statement pieces (and sometimes several of them together) then this is a great way to keep your outfit looking balanced.








Look 3

A shirt dress is one of those pieces that works on every bodytype. For this look, I wore a shirt dress as unbuttoned at the bottom so that it flows behind me in what I'd like to think of as a cape.

A pair of statement earrings and a bright belt and we're done. Fuss free, easy and something that can be created with whatever you own. Swap out the long shirt dress with a simple shirt, wear a pair of palazzos instead of the maxi skirt.

The point of these looks is to give you some inspiration to style yourself in ways you may not have realised could be created before.







Outfit Details 

White Maxi Skirt : Rs. 500, Street market in Gujarat (similar one on Tjori)

Crop top: Rs. 100, Colaba Causeway

Dupatta: Rs. 200, Street market in Surat

Necklace (worn as a headband): Rs. 350, Janpath Online

Tshirt: Rs. 250, Koovs Sale

White Shirt Dress with beaded belt: Rs. 2334, Vajor(buy here)

Peacock Studs: Rs. 250, Janpath Online

Silver Belt: Rs. 300, Streetstore in Malad

And that's all folks! I hope you enjoyed going through today's post. There was a lot of last minute work that went into creating these looks. I managed to lose all the looks I'd shot earlier and I had to recreate them again. Some times life just happens and you end up adjusting to it I suppose.

If you enjoyed this post and like some more style inspiration, remember to see the other posts from the last few days of Navratri.




You Might Also Like

0 comments