How to Do the Bohemian Trend

10:41:00

My last post was all about taking inspiration from the #LakmeSchoolofStyle and inspired by the masterclass taken by Nishka Lulla. While I wasn't planning to do a separate post on all the outfits styled in those posts, a few requests from the readers have prompted me to write detailed posts on each look. The first look I styled was a bohemian look.







Printed Dress: Rs. 300, Linking Road, Bandra
Sunglasses: Rs. 200, Quikr
Bag: Gift from Mom and Dad
Rings, Bangles, Headband: Rs. 100, Trains
Necklace, Flower Ring, Earrings: Gift from Blogger Friend
Gladiator Sandals: Rs. 700, Hill Road, Bandra

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1400, which is around ₤14.

Photo Credits: Sirshendu Arosh

This look is purely dominated by earthy tones. I styled a simple dress with ethnic prints with mainly wooden accessories. Bohemian is all about wearing seemingly clashing items and still making them all work together. I used to be a big fan of loud accessories a few years ago. (Anyone who knew me in my under grad days will attest to that!). Recently, I've started liking minimal looks with muted accessories, but I still like to indulge and wear my old accessories sometimes. I used an old wooden necklace as a bracelet and paired everything with my favorite jute bag. It was a present from Mom and Dad and I love the chevron style design.

Have you tried the Bohemian trend yet? Tell me in the comments! I'd love to hear from you! 

Tips to Try out Bohemian Style:
  • Choose outfits in earth tones and tan colors. Clothes with dispersed small prints in pastel colors also work well with this trend.
  • Pair clashing trends without losing a cohesive overall theme in the look. That's what Bohemian is all about.
  • Wooden or dull metal accessories work well to complement this look. Try wearing your wooden necklace as a headband to give yourself a cool boho vibe.
  • Gladiators work well for summers. Tan galdiator sandles work well for any laid back outfit.
  • Fringes give an instant boho vibe. Invest in a fringed bag or top to get the 70's vibe. 
  • A maxi dress with a headband is a great way to channel the boho look without too much effort. 

You Might Also Like

2 comments