Pause, Destress, Resume - 5 ways to De-stress!

09:57:00

Its World Sleep Day today! Honestly, I didn't even know such a thing existed till the came across the #SlowDownZindagi activity on BlogAdda. How I wish I could properly celebrate this by sleeping the whole day today! Oh well, while I type this, I’m at work, trying to figure out some seriously nasty bits of my thesis, I can’t help but imagine all the ways I could be de-stressing right now.

Since I started working on my thesis, it seems I spend a shocking amount of time running around and doing a million things at once. Almost any free time I have left, is spent working on the blog, or with the few friends who have stuck around inspite of my atrocious working hours.

So what do I do to de-stress? Here are my top five things, that always work to relax and de-stress me and remind me that life isn’t so bad after all!

Food:





Hands down, food can solve almost everything in my world. I’m the girl who will be screaming at you like there’s no tomorrow and the moment I see food, I’d get distracted. Yes, you wouldn’t realize this when you look at me, but I truly love to eat! A friend asked me once, what is dating to you? And I answered that dating was basically eating, and if you couldn’t have good food on a date, there probably won’t be a second one! How many of you agree with me??

Reading:

How many people out there read to relax? There was a time when I could devour a book a day. Those times were also called school vacations. I’ve always been a bit of a loner and for me, a good book is always better company than most people. I don’t have a lot of close friends anyway, and the ones I do, know I’d almost forget them if they let me loose in a bookstore.

Friends and Family:
And coming almost equal to reading, are friends. There have been so many times when I’ve been frustrated with work, and my friends just become those all absorbing rocks till I’m spent.  Of course the family is always there, silently supporting me through thick and thin. I really would be totally lost without them. I remember last year, a few of them would take one look at my face and quietly go get me chocolates, if only to remind me to slow down and enjoy life for a few moments. I never say it, but I couldn’t live without these few special people in my life! Try it, go meet a few good friends and see the stress melt away


Sleep:

Ask any student or working person what they miss the most in life and the answer will probably be sleep. My friends tell me “sleepy” is my normal state of existence. Truly, if I could be a part of the seven dwarfs, I’d be sleepy. Sometimes, all you need to do to feel stress free is sleep. Soundly. Tell me, don’t you wish you could sleep, instead of rushing to work or home or rushing to catch trains and buses?

Massage:
Travel by public transport is physically tiring. Mental stress coupled with physical stress is doubly exhausting. So if I cannot do something about the mental stress, I get a massage. The whole process of working out the kinks in your body is helpful. Also, if you go to a spa to get the massage, the soft music and soothing atmosphere is sure to relax you and slow down your pace for a few hours. And since we’re on the topic of massages, I think you should take a look at video below!


Personally, even if I don’t manage to do anything else today to celebrate #WorldSleepDay, I am going to try a new quick way to De-stress & #SlowDownZindagi using Parachute Advansed Aromatherapy Oil in association with BlogAdda!

What do you do to de-stress?? Take a walk? Dance? Whatever it is, I wanna know! What is your favorite way of de-stressing? Tell me in the comments below! 

You Might Also Like

3 comments