Office Chic: Power Dressing for The Modern Indian Woman19:31:00
First off, I'm a terrible saree draper. Yes, I'm a blogger and I should ideally know everything there is to fashion but hey, I don't quite wear sarees everyday and if the occasion demands it, I usually rope mom in to help me out. However, I did drape this myself and I absolutely love the end result. Saree is a versatile piece that can be worn numerous ways for a different look every time. For instance, I decided to pair this striped saree with a cold shoulder top and decided to drape the pallu slightly differently. I usually find it difficult to handle the pallu when I work so this is a smart way to handle it while you rush to all your meetings. I kept the rest of the look simple with just a pair of heels and a structured bag (borrowed from mom) and simple hair.
If you must make a statement without being loud, I suggest wearing a saree. Somehow, any woman who can pull off a full day's work while wearing a saree deserves to be respected. Of course, a woman who walks into a boardroom in a saree always commads awe and a certain level of respect.
- A Sequin Love Affair:What the Heck is Body Positivity Anyway?
- Chiconomical: Office Chic: Power Dressing for The Modern Indian Woman
- Deluxe Redux: Making Mainbocher: The First American Couturier
- Elements of Ellis: All Black Outfit
- Have Clothes, Will Travel: My Team Instinct Outfit
- La Veine: Jobs in Fashion
- Minnie Muse: As Seen on my Blog
- Turning Point: How I Am Changing My Blog
- Smile Is It: A Capsule Wardrobe