Office Chic: Power Dressing for The Modern Indian Woman

19:31:00

Officewear has a lot of interpretations if you're a working woman in India today. I absolutely love the diversity of workplaces and the freedom to wear what you feel like in most cases. I've usually seen that women in India often ditch their sarees for trousers at times when it comes to office outfits. This is exactly why I figured it was time to feature one of my favourite statement pieces for the office, the quintessential saree.






Striped Saree: Rs. 475, Ajio
Cold Shoulder Top: Rs. 599, H&M Sale
Heels: Rs. 899, Zara Sale
Bag: Borrowed From Mom

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1973, which is around ₤20


Photo Credits: Shruti Phulgirkar

First off, I'm a terrible saree draper. Yes, I'm a blogger and I should ideally know everything there is to fashion but hey, I don't quite wear sarees everyday and if the occasion demands it, I usually rope mom in to help me out. However, I did drape this myself and I absolutely love the end result. Saree is a versatile piece that can be worn numerous ways for a different look every time. For instance, I decided to pair this striped saree with a cold shoulder top and decided to drape the pallu slightly differently. I usually find it difficult to handle the pallu when I work so this is a smart way to handle it while you rush to all your meetings. I kept the rest of the look simple with just a pair of heels and a structured bag (borrowed from mom) and simple hair.

If you must make a statement without being loud, I suggest wearing a saree. Somehow, any woman who can pull off a full day's work while wearing a saree deserves to be respected. Of course, a woman who walks into a boardroom in a saree always commads awe and a certain level of respect.

Do you wear a saree to work? Tell me how you feel in the comments below. 
AND

PS: This post was featured in Links à la Mode, March 9, 2017 (Yay!!). Check out the other fabulous bloggers in the Links below! 

Links à la Mode, March 9, 2017
SPONSOR: Amazon's Shopbop Stuart Weitzman, Kate Spade New York Bags, Young Fabulous & Broke Clothing, VETIVER, Phelan, Pepa Pombo, Ruffle Dresses, Embellished Slides, Printed Bags, Men's Y-3here

You Might Also Like

0 comments