Rain Rain Go Away!

06:23:00

Its raining here! Raining!! India should NOT have rains in January. Its just unnatural and has put my whole schedule off track. After a frantic morning of searching for my rain gear as well as rain-friendly outfits to substitute my original planned outfit (yes, I plan outfits in advance now, blame it on the new year) I had to turn my wardrobe upside down. Let me tell you, the ever present cool winds blowing through my bedroom window did not help! (because for some weird reason its winter and monsoon at the same time today). Wanna know how I managed to create an outfit that was both warm enough and still quick drying? I'm going to let the pictures do all the talking!

blue jumper, how to wear jumpers, oversized jumpers, jacquard trousers, globus sale shopping

how to wear jacquard trousers, globus street shopping, how to wear oversized jumpers

long hair, how to get healthy long hair, indian fashion blogger, mumbai fashion blogger, statement necklace

wing necklace, oversized jumper, vintage clothes, how to style vintage clothes, jacquard trousers, globus styling, bandra street shopping

street shopping, how to dress for rains, what I wore in the freak rains in india

indian rains in january, mumbai rains in january, monsoon friendly outfit ideas, mumbai street style, statement jewelry, blue jumper, vintage clothes

silver necklace, winged necklace, statement necklace, statement jewelry, street shopping in mumbai
Jumper: Vintage, Mom's (also worn here)
Trousers: Rs. 500, Globus (also worn here and here)
Necklace: Rs. 250, Linking Road, Bandra
Ballet Flats: Rs. 750, Borivali
Ring: Rs. 20, Trains
Watch: Gift from Cousin
Bag: Rs. 400, Linking Road, Bandra

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1420, which is about ₤14.

I'm so happy I managed to find my mom's jumper today. I actually had another combination planned (with lots of layers) but this jumper is so warm+cozy yet quick drying (I've worn this within an hour of washing in the past) that I just knew it was perfect for the ping-pong weather. These trousers are just the right amount of cheat I needed to look like I made an effort to get dressed (nobody needs to know about the waist high pile of clothes at home right!). Add my trusty ballet flats, a bright lippy and I'm all set to face the silly weather. (Oh yea, I wanted a hot pink lipstick, but since I was going to Uni, I toned it down, a little).

How did you feel about the uninvited rains? Did you manage to save yourselves from the unexpected downpours? Let me know in the comments below. You can also join me on Twitter, Facebook, or share your pictures on Instagram.

You Might Also Like

0 comments