Lakme Fashion Week Day 1: Masaba Gupta

22:44:00

Masaba Gupta is the queen of quirky prints! She has this amazing ability to mix seemingly crazy prints with silhouettes that work. So this show, was the first one with lots of celebrities turning up to support the designer and almost all of them were wearing Masaba aswell! Inside, the runway was transformed into a dreamy green garden on a summer's day, complete with floating clouds above the runway. Full points on pulling off the effect you were going for. Indian actress, Parineeti Chopra opened her show, and it just escalated in terms of fashion from there. I've been a fan of her work for a long time now, and would always tell my mum that I plan to buy atleast one Masaba saree (or more if I have the cash!) once I start working in the real world.
So, with more ranting, here are my top picks from her show!
I'm starting off with my favorite picture! Please do notice the sarees that are in the background! I might just buy every single one of them! 

Who thought you could wear fans and look this sexy?

That pop of yellow can brighten any day!

The chic quotient of that jacket is off the scales!

Yet another brilliant print!

Actress Parineeti Chopra in a Masaba creation! Loving this entire look!

Ahh, a quirky take on the traditional saree, for the woman who doesn't mind experimenting

A simple column dress needs a simple cuff to elevate it from the ordinary

I love the little bit of self lace detailing on this one! 

Masaba has an at Pernia's PopUp Shop. A lot of other designers too sell their collections here. Although the entire new collection isn't here, the old collection is worth looking at because its just a brilliant as this one. 

Do you like quirky prints? Would you consider wearing any of the prints above? Tell me how you would wear them in the comments! I'd love to hear from you!

You can get more Lakme Fashion Week goodness here

Disclaimer: As before, most images from indiatimes photogallery or facebook, no copyright infringement intended. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments