Saal Mubarak and Happy Diwali!

10:49:00

Okay! No, I haven't completely lost it. Its the 'New year' (Saal Mubarak == Happy New Year) according to our traditions. The tradition in my house says I should wear all my new clothes and go seek blessings from my elders...and that's exactly what I did today.

If you follow me on Facebook  or Instagram (and if not they why????) you know that I had a little dilemma about what to wear. Contrary to what everyone suggested, I ended up listening to my mum (the only person in favor of my outfit) and wore this custom made kurta and churidar set that was gifted to me by my uncle and his family.





Dress: Handmade (designed by my fabulous aunt)
Earrings: Vintage
Heels: Rs. 1400, Tremode

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 1400, which is  ₤14.

While I was slightly unhappy with the absence of visible neckline (I'm mildly obsessed with my collarbones) I still like how the outfit looks. As for the other choice, oh, I might just wear it tomorrow (there's one more day of festivity left you know!), provided I can finish a couple of assignments before I have to leave to for a family function.

Talk to me in the comments about how you celebrated Diwali. You can also join the converstaion on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.

You Might Also Like

0 comments