Updated Basics

07:59:00

I love finding new ways to wear old things in my wardrobe. There's something exhilarating about seeing something you always wear, then seeing it in a whole different light. Its almost like getting a new outfit without shopping! Score! Today's outfit is exactly that. Old wardrobe basic, worn in a classic way using a little imagination.









Black Pleated Dress: Vintage (skirt worn as dress)
Earrings: Rs. 100, Trains
Ring: Rs. 20, Trains
Ballet Flats: Rs. 750, Borivali
Red Belt: Rs. 500,Gift, Globus, Bandra (also featured here and here)
Satchel Bag: Rs. 700, Colaba Causeway (also featured here, here and here)

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 2070, which is around ₤20.

This dress! Are you wondering why you don't know about it? Well, its my mum's skirt. Its black, midi length, and pleated. This could very well be one of my dream skirts. However, thanks to my recent weight loss, it just didn't fit right and so I decided, hey, no reason to get sad, lets turn it into a dress. One belt and a little pleat adjustment later, Hello LBD!!

What do you think about wearing skirts as dresses? Talk to me in the comments below. You can also find me on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook!

You Might Also Like

4 comments