Lakme Fashion Week Day 1: Manish Malhotra

21:57:00

Manish Malhotra! He's one of the few Indian designers who is famous outside India almost as much as in India. I remember the conversation I had with my sister about the fashion week where she said the only Indian fashion name she's familiar with is Manish Malhotra(she lives in the UK so this is relevant). And even that is thanks to Bollywood movies in a very large part.
So how was my experience at the show? The theme was 100 years of Indian cinema, and I have to say, overall the show did deliver. Right from the opening with Karan Johar (an Indian director) joined by three more Indian directors... Dibakar Banerjee, Anurag Kashyap and Zoya Akhtar. Personally, from what I observed, Karan Johar seems to be exactly like the image that people have of him, which is a very good thing if you ask me!
The highlight for me though, was Asha Bhonsale walking the ramp. She's got oomph, style and is more classy than any other celebrity present there that night! The other celebrities who were present were Priyanka Chopra, Hema Malini, Varun Dhawan and Siddharth Malhotra(or as I keep calling them, those two guys from Student of the Year coz I can't ever match their names to faces!), Kajol, Karishma Kapoor...oh such a long list!
Now I could go on and on about every little thing I observed, but then pictures speak a thousand words, so why do all the talking when they can do it for me!

I have to start off with this picture! I mean, just look at how brilliant she looks! 

The four directors, all together, on stage! Home run!! 

All guys at a loss for what to wear on Indian occasion, take a look above for a look you can make with everything that's already in your wardrobe

This is what Manish Malhotra is famous for...his understated elegance in Indian designs, the detailing is quite brilliant!

A net saree with interesting blouse detail. And don't forget the pretty blouse with mixed fabrics!

For the girlie girl! Also, his idea of sheer blouses that are demure yet sexy is something I definitely wanna try for my next Indian wear outing! 

My favorite of the lot! This is a saree that I could take to a pre-wedding cocktail party and still look every inch of the party girl I'd wanna be! ;)

When Asha Bhosale-ji speaks, everybody listens and enjoys no? The joke here....she's saying that everything she's wearing today is given by Manish! :P

A round up of the celebs who walks the ramp. Not really loving the color of Priyanka's saree.

Oh, I love everything in this picture! Kajol's saree with the sexy blouse! And Karishma's dress! I'm definitely going to try and re-create Karishma's dress in the near future! 

And yes, just like I HAD to start with a simliar picture, I have to end with this....did I mention she got a standing ovation when she walked! 

Most of the outfits showed classic Manish characteristics. My big fashion insipiration of the night....the blouses, definitely. They are my new answer to when mum tells me, you can't wear that blouse....its too revealing for a family function! What do you think? Would you try this trend? Tell me in the comments below!

For more Lakme Fashion Week posts, click here.

Disclaimer: All images are from facebook LFW page or the indiatimes photogallery. No copyright infringement intended. 

You Might Also Like

1 comments