Lakme Fashion Week Grand Finale : Namrata Joshipura

05:29:00

Finally, I'm done with my reviews about the designers I liked and come to the grand finale show review! My last day at LFW was one of the most tiring days I'd had recently. We were on our feet almost the entire day and I was happy by the evening when the time to go to the pre-show cocktail party arrived. A quick early dinner was followed by a very tired me going to the party followed by the excitement of the show. 
The theme for the show was Pop tints, a promotion of Lakme's new pop tinted colors range and designer Namrata Joshipura did not disappoint! The entire runway was converted to a very futuristic and neon favoring room that reminded me strongly of Star Trek, the fashionista way! The head adornments and eyegear simply reminded me of Start Trek's Klingnons and Geordi La Forge!  (Yes, I know that's a little geeky but I can't help it! )
Here are my favorite outfits from the Grand finale!

The lovely effect of the skirt puts this one on my list!

A jumpsuit that jumps!! I love the self beading on this one!!

Sometimes, you just need a strong color to make a statement

I love the way those trousers moved on the runway!

That skirt with a lining would be a great statement piece in my opinion

A jumpsuit for the girl who likes to wear roses!

A simply dress with oomph? Indeed!

See what I mean about the eyewear?

Shiny silver dress! Oh, and notice the spikes on the head! 

I love the simple design of the dress. Although I'm unsure how practical the side beading is..

Bollywood actress and Lakme brand ambassador Kareena Kapoor walking the ramp!

Karenna Kapoor with the designer Namrata Joshipura

The current trend of neon obsession that I've seen everywhere in India in recent times was quite well represented here. Also, I had lots of fun both before and after the show. I especially liked some of the models who weren't walking the ramp cheering on their friends from the seats near mine! 

Oh, and here's a picture taken by the paparazzi of me at the pre-show party.


 I look quite horrid and sad for some reason. I think its probably because I was dead tired by that time! Oh, the things you do for fashion! ;)

Do you like the neon trend? Have you invested in any neon pieces recently? Tell me about them in the comments or share your pictures with me on twitter

For more Lakme Fashion Week posts and pictures, click here.

Disclaimer: All images are from facebook LFW page or the indiatimes photogallery. No copyright infringement intended. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments