Braid Away! Inspired to braid.

02:00:00


I've got pretty long hair (no surprise there) but I'm still clueless about how to style it. I usually don't have patience for anything more than a simple pony tail and that usually turns into a messy pony tail or a bun on my head by the end of the day. So when my friend's sister decided she wanted to try new and interesting braids on my hair, I was all ears (or in this case, hair). She inspired me to try and learn a different way to style my hair. Take a look at the braids she did for me.

I think this was called a waterfall braid. I'm not sure, but this looked amazing!

This is actually two braids pinned together. I took this picture after I came home so its a little messed up. Still extremely pretty!

Yes, its been around forever, but I tried out a simple french braid. Small steps and all that. (This was last week mind you, I'm still bedridden and not all that well.) I have to say, it didn't take as long as I expected and is a quick once you get the hang of it. Although the sheer length of my hair made me take around 20 minutes which is more than the entire the amount of time I spend on getting ready!!

Trying to get the braid in good light!

I just realised I had a camera, so decided to chuck the phone!

Trying to get the entire outfit into the picture.

A selfie because I'm bored at work! ;)

Oversized Shirt: Rs. 300, Fashion Street (but its Bershka)
Trousers: No clue, they're that ancient
Shoes: Rs. 350, Hill Road, Bandra

Total Outfit Cost: Rs. 650, so thats about ₤7. 

This outfit is actually something that I usually wear at home because those trousers are soft n fluffly after years of wear and this shirt is so roomy that I feel like I'm floating. Although I have been known at times to run a quick errand wearing this. 

Do you have any new braiding styles you've tried recently? Share them with me on instagram (@quirkyengineer) or on twitter (@QuirkyEngineerR). 

PS: I've heard lots of chatter that Google Reader is going to shut down soon. Now I'm not sure whether this is true or not but just in case, if you wish, you can follow my blog on bloglovin here

You Might Also Like

1 comments