Lakme Fashion Week Day 4: Daniel Syiem

08:31:00

I'm a big fan of Indian textiles. I love a khadi piece that is simple and structured. Daniel Syiem's collection showed the touches of Indian with his roots. Inspired by the tea folk from Assam's plantations, his collection provided keen insight into his upbringing. I wish I could buy ALL of his pieces. They make me proud to be part of of India's rich heritage.

That top...oh that top! 


The simple design lets the fabric speak for itself.

The hat is simply brilliant. And the dress is quite nice aswell don't you think?

Invoke the gypsy traveler in yourself with this.

And lastly, a nice little twist on the typical saree. I quite like this for a hot day South India.


 This collection has proved to me that you don't need to go crazy if you go back to the basics. Simply let the quality of the fabrics speak for themselves. And when the fabrics are this good, how can you not have a great story?
Do you like Indian fabrics? Talk to me in the comments or mail me at renubhadresha@gmail.com. You can also find me on twitter

For more Lakme Fashion Week posts and pictures, click here.

Disclaimer: All images are from facebook LFW page or the indiatimes photogallery. No copyright infringement intended. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments