Lakme Fashion Week Day 5: Siyaahi by Poonam and Rohit

04:26:00

Earth tones have been around as long as humans. However, there's a difference between something being in an earth tone and looking dirty, well atleast for me there is. Siyaahi does that, it makes earth tones look elegant. Silhouettes that have interesting shapes and form marked this collection. I especially loved the final gown that would be worthy of any actress walking down the red carpet. I had a hard time picking my favorites, but here they are!

This was the first garment down, and It set the tone for the entire collection, reminded me of pyramids of Egypt.

Yet another dress, I would imagine Cleopatra would be likely to wear

Perfect macrame, perfect shape!

I'm trying to sneak in all three into dresses I liked, because they're all that good!

For the modern day Egyptian princess

What can I say, I'm a sucker for the shape of this one!

This is my favorite, the dress that made me feel like it was talking to me!

The designers walking the ramp. Also, a clever little denim dress don't you think?

I must say I'm quite impressed. These guys have made me fall in love with Egypt all over again (first time was when I learnt what hieroglyphics were in the third grade and its been an epic romance ever since). Do you like wearing earth tones? You can give me your views on that in the comments and on twitter.

You can find more Lakme fashion week posts here.

Disclaimer: All images are from facebook LFW page or the indiatimes photogallery. No copyright infringement intended. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments